Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for feedback about personal experiences with reliability with PMC ammo. Cheaperthandirt has a good price on PMC .380, but I've never used any PMC nor heard anything good or bad about it (at least not that I can recall). Does PMC FTF / FTE, or have any QC problems that might make for a higher risk of a KaBoom?

Oh, feedback on Fiocchi & Sellier & Belloit would be appreciated too. I've read some posts about them here, but more info would be great.

CTD is out of the CorBon +P's I wanted, and the Starfires too... Waaahhh!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Never tried PMC - but I've never had a problem with Fiocchi
FMJ or TC (.32, .380 or 9mm - probably ~400 rounds each).
I've had nothing but problems with S&B.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Winchester Winclean JSP - fed well except on the first hand cycled round of each mag

UMC FMJ - fed poorly, very dirty, large muzzle flash with sparks

Precision Ammo JSP - fed perfectly, some tumbling on impact with target, no expansion

Hornady XTP JHP - fed perfectly, good penetration, low expansion

Federal Hydrashok JHP - fed well except on the first hand cycled round, less penetration than XTP but better expansion

Elderado Starfire - fed poorly, no expansion, good penetration

No rounds failed to cycle during firing except one UMC round failed to feed after the gun was a little dirty form firing.

My favorite carry round is the Hornady XTP. It passed the FBI test for penetration (bare gelatin and denim covered) and feeds great in my P3AT and Bersa 380.

Test rounds were fired through leather & water bottles backed by a thick phone book.

·
Registered
6 Posts
madman said:
I'm looking for feedback about personal experiences with reliability with PMC ammo. Cheaperthandirt has a good price on PMC .380

Madman, I have been using PMC for a few weeks, running it through a bersa .380 and the P3AT. On the P3, no failures whatsoever so I have been very pleased so far.

Just Saturday, I put about 48 rounds thru and the wife put another 24... No FTE, NO FTF, only one Noggin Ding and that was when I was standing directly behind the wife.

Pat

·
Registered
7 Posts
My experience is identical to RockyNH. Over 200 rounds of PMC though both my P3AT and my Bersa .380 without a single problem. Decent accuracy but it is dirty.

My wife has run about 150 rounds of S&B 32 through her Tomcat 3032 without any issues as well. Not as dirty as the PMC but not terribly accurate compared to some of the better defensive ammo.

I just ordered 5 boxes of Aguila .32 and .380 from Kiesler's @ $6.49 and $6.99. It should be here tomorrow, I'll post the results as soon as we get back from the range.

BTW, here's the link http://www.kieslersonline.com/product/ko_Aguila.asp?navback=index.asp

·
Registered
27 Posts
I used to work at a indoor range that rented guns and sold only PMC range ammo. It was a bit on the dirty side but considering the number of rounds I've seen fired I only know of maybe half a dozen rounds that had issues, all duds. None of the guns had any issues related to the ammo. I worked there close to a year.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
PMC is what I used to carry in my .38 special, it was the 158 grain and when I took it the range it kinda dirty up my gun. The higher the grain usually is going to get dirtier. I have never tried them my p3at, but have tried the fiocchi, and those are ok never had a problem. The problem I had was with the umc, really dirty

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re:

mjw930 said:
My experience is identical to RockyNH. Over 200 rounds of PMC though both my P3AT and my Bersa .380 without a single problem. Decent accuracy but it is dirty.

My wife has run about 150 rounds of S&B 32 through her Tomcat 3032 without any issues as well. Not as dirty as the PMC but not terribly accurate compared to some of the better defensive ammo.

I just ordered 5 boxes of Aguila .32 and .380 from Kiesler's @ $6.49 and $6.99. It should be here tomorrow, I'll post the results as soon as we get back from the range.

BTW, here's the link http://www.kieslersonline.com/product/ko_Aguila.asp?navback=index.asp
Back from the range and the Mexican .380 ammo shoots just fine. Ran about 25 rounds through the P3AT and about 100 rounds through the Bersa without any problems. It's a fairly hot load with some noticable sparks out the barrel. Not terribly dirty, no more so than Winchester white box FMJ.

The .32 worked very well in the wife's Tomcat with only one feed jam due more to the clip than the load.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts