Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had trouble with several boxes of PMC .32 60 gr JHP Ammo in my P32. They often fail to eject (FTE), fail to feed (FTF), primer did not fire (once), and the brass is often misshapen and slightly bulged when it does eject. I do not have these problems with the more expensive (much more) Buffalo Bore 71 gr hard cast ACP. I have cleared all possible burrs, tight spots, and thoroughly cleaned and lubed the piece. Nothing binds. The PMC still jams one out of eight. I have written PMC and they have failed to respond. Any suggestions other than buy more Buffalo Bore?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know it's a dumb question, but how many boxes have you tried? It could have just been a bad run. I ran three boxes of PMC Bronze 71Gr FMJ through my new-to-me P32 Gen 1 this weekend and had zero issues with it. Just a thought.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The FMJ 71gr PMC is a longer cartridge than the 60gr JHP, and the shorter cartridge can have more troubles feeding in the P-32 along with it's hollow pointed nose. However, I don't know about the fail to eject and casing buldge. I guess if the casing is buldged that would explain all of the problems you are having. I can say that I ran a box of 50 PMC JHP in my older P-32 with no troubles. It may be a bad lot that you have?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, gentlemen. Perhaps it is the PMC hollow points. The Buff Bore stuff works great. Think I'll stay away from Korean ammo.

·
Registered
297 Posts
rim lock with hp ammo in the p32. you need to add the flyer wires to the mag to stop rim lock. with fmj ammo you do not get rim lock. most people carry fmj ammo in their p32. do a search for rim lock and the flyer wire fix to see more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the reason I only shoot FMJ though mine; 100% reliability and penetration. I've never thought the .32 generated enough power to reliably expand any JHP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts