Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a ? about adding a KelTec forum over there. There seems to be a lot of knowledgable people over there.

Maybe we are better off without their input.

Personally I can't see how P3AT can be improved on much anyway. Probably just not enough over inflated high end profit potential for a lot of those guys.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
One of the very quickest ways to ruin a gun is to send it to a self-proclaimed "Expert" gunsmith.
I've got news: the only "Expert" gunsmiths are those who've been in the business working on ONE particular type of gun, and has made significant refinements/additions of his own design.
Examples of this would be Ed Brown, and his grip safeties and hammers, Wilson of course, and Wayne Novak.
There are others, but these are the standouts. If you're sending a gun to a gunsmith, send it to a true expert... he'll be able to work on ANY make of pistol.
Flyer

G

·
I saw that post to so i conveniently posted a link to HERE! I am waiting to get banned from there for doing that. I kind of got the impression that they were not that interested in Kel-Tec's anyway.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Ah, well.
I get into trouble more often than I should.... but hell's bells I love a good fight!
Check out the thread again, and see what "Flyer, Airborne" had to say. 8)
Flyer

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have noticed that some of those guys over there are mighty big feeling. In fairness though if I was as talented as some of them appear to be I'd be pretty self confident too.

The pros very likely are not interested in Kel-Tecs.
How many KT owners are gonna be willing to spend 2+ grand to personalize their pistols?

It seems to me though somebody would if nothing else as a side line.

As great as my P3AT is now it has room for improvement as does most any mass produced tool.

·
Registered
432 Posts
We don' neeeeed no steeeeeenken gonnnsmiffs! The KT way is all about *do it yourself*. KTs just BEG to be fluffed 'n buffed ('course, so do every other semiauto handgun out there...), and we as owners seem to be some of the few people in the world willing to get into DIY pistolsmithing. Think about how many improvements we have come up with here:
Flyer's grip mod
Flyer's "flyer wire"
the "rampectomy"
the "P-sight" rear sight
the extractor mod
the takedown pin notching
Flyer's (yet to be released) slide stop

Nah, we're doing just fine on our own, with our own master 'smith, Flyer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts