Kel-Tec Forum banner

pinched finger

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ddflorida 
#1 ·
I'm having a problem with my finger being pinched between the trigger and upper part of the grip when I release the trigger. I have read Jack Fuselier's article "fat finger fix" in Tec Werks and wonder if anyone had other solutions to this problem.

G
#2 ·
I have the same problem sometimes. Have you thought about a trigger shoe? This is what I intend to do as soon as I can get around to ordering one. I would be afraid to "modify" the trigger out of fear of the liberals trying to hang me in court for a lawful shooting! (i don't think that the trigger shoe could be considered a modification the same as "shaving" or "shortening" the trigger)

#4 ·
Never! Never! use trigger shoe

The trigger shoe is a old fashion device invented for target shooting. If you put a trigger shoe on your gun or any other device to widen the triger when you push your gun down into a holster the shoe can catch on the sides of the holster and as you are pusing down the trigger is pulling back!, I would not put the trigger shoe on or you may be walking around with only one ball or worse

#5 ·
the trigger shoe for the P-11 is more narrow than the trigger guard, so it is still protected.

ANY gun in ANY holster should first be checked for fit while unloaded, as MANY good holsters use the trigger guard area to retain the pistol. What you must check for is if the holster contacts the trigger (stock width or with the shoe).

it is far more likely for something to get in front of the trigger while holstering (like a finger, or the retention snap) and pull it (which would not be affected by the shoe).

With the P-11 there is are draw backs with the shoe in that many have had them come loose if just held on with the set screws. Also you have to remove the shoe to take the frame out of the grip. These can be solved by widening the hole in the grip (so the trigger can come out with the shoe) and permanatly attaching the shoe to the trigger (I used JB-Weld).
Also remember the trigger is a $.50 part, if I want to remove the shoe, I'll buy another trigger....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.