Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must apologize for just now finding this board. Blue Force Gear will offer a patent-pending replacement front sight and improved charging handle for the Sub 2000 in the next few weeks. The production units will have mil-spec black finishes.

[email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Plenty of takers

This is great Southern. As was said over at KTOG, let us know when it's available and when you have it up on your website. If the price is right, I'm sure you'll have LOTs of takers! :D

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I don't have a problem with the stock charge handle but I've heard from many people who don't like it. I find the front sight interesting but I don't see a sight post in it. It appears to take a standard AR-15 sight post. Is this the case and, if so, what are the specifications on the sight post itself? I have a personal preference for the KNS hooded crosshair posts that are drop in replacements for a standard AR15 post.

For those of you unfamiliar with what I'm talking about:

More Info

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Midiman,

This unit will accept any AR15 style sight post that will fit a standard AR15/M16 sight assembly.

Still trying to hold a February ship date on these but it will be close.

southern

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
The only other question I have is how it affects folding/locking. I could care less whether the integral key lock mechanism still works... but it would be nice to have the thing at least snap into place when folded like the stock sight does. Is that the purpose of the slot visible at the rear end of the sight?

I guess windage is only adjustable by the cant of the sight?

I could be interested.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The original locking capability is maintained unless you intentionally adjust the position of the sight on the barrel to "just catch". Some people also take a file to the plastic detent to achieve the same catch effect w/o lock. Naturally, we would never recommend disabling a "safety device."

Windage adjustment is by canting for now. Set windage first, then zero for elevation. Depending on demand, we may produce a windage adjustable rear sight for this weapon later this year.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Those parts look great.

But they also look expensive.

I really dislike the rear sight of the Sub2K. In fact I almost purchased a HiPoint, over the Sub2K just because of the rear sight. So I would be interested in a new rear sight. And of course if I purchased a new rear sight, I would also get one of your new front sights.

My Sub2K is not reliable enough to be anything more than a fun gun. Fun to show people, and fun to shoot. So I don’t want to put too much money into one of my “fun” guns. Therefore I personally would not spent more than $70 for a set of new sights for the Sub2K. Thats for both front and back.

I know thats not much money for 2 after market parts, but this is a cheap gun as far as carbines go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts