Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a used PF9 bought from a pawn shop on GunBroker. She shoots great and is accurate, but virtually every time the mags drop. I'm getting this issue with the original mag (low wear and has the +1 extension) and a new 7 round mag. I'm left handed and my wife is a righty, and it did it for both of us.

The mag release is a metal one but really looks like it has some wear. I've done a spares order which includes a new mag release and spring. There are a ton of issues out there reported on forums regarding the old style plastic mag release, but I can't find much regarding the new metal-style release. The PF9 mags stay secure if I pull on them when they're inserted, but they don't feel locked in as hard when I compare them to say, my Glock 43x or Shield Plus mags.

Any input would ve greatly appreciated! 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: Installed the new metal mag release and spring. Better performance, but still kicks the mag out after 2 rounds. I'm left-handed but shoot the DA trigger with the pad of my finger. Both my wife and I tried it right-handed and still drops the magazine after 2 rounds. BTW the mags are new.

I'm gonna pull the mag release and file the ledge deeper and see if that helps. If not the only thing left is the grip module...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts