Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
6,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The PF-9 was introduced late in 2006, is in current production, and is the newest of Kel-Tec's self-defense pistol designs. Only one generation of PF-9 has been made, but it is probably fair to call it a Second Generation design since it uses 2G features like a rounded-rectangle bar stock slide, leaf spring extractor, and the "gator" grip that debuted on the Kel-Tec Folding Knife and Bayonet (and later the PLR-16).

Here are the specs:

Factory Technical Specifications PF-9
Caliber: 9 x 19
Weight unloaded lbs. : 12.7 oz
Loaded magazine : 2.8 oz
Length : 5.85"
Height : 4.30"
Width : 0.88"
Barrel Length : 3.10"
Sight radius : 4.60"
Muzzle Energy Max : 400 ft lbs
Capacity : 7 + 1 rounds
Trigger Pull : 6.5 lbs

The pistols are available in three different finishes, the standard ones used on all current Kel-Tec pistols:

-Blued (slide looks matte black with an unfinished silver barrel)
-Parkerized (slide is dark gray with a charcoal black barrel)
-Hard Chrome (slide and barrel have a matte silver finish)

The PF-9 uses the three standard Kel-Tec grip colors, plus another introduced in 2007:

-Black
-Gray
-Olive Green
-Navy Blue (introduced 2007)

As with the other models, many different combinations of grip color and metal finish can be ordered. Pics below that are uncredited were taken from online auctions, etc.

· Registered
6,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PF-9 PICS

Blued w/Navy Blue Grip
Pic thanks to Burley! Note the factory metal mag catch.

Hard Chrome w/Olive Green Grip

Parkerized w/Black Grip

Blued w/Gray Grip

· Registered
6,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My understanding is that it is some sort of special deal they have available through one of the distributors. IOW, KT sells its stuff through a number of reps, and one of those seems to have an exclusive deal on the Hard Chrome/Navy pistols (P-32/P-3AT/PF-9/P-11).

· Registered
3 Posts
My modified right side belt clip fitted to the left side, took about 30 minutes with a dremmel tool and some patience, I carry it daily this way and no problems while shooting it. The slide release takes a little bit of getting used to, but after a few minutes of practice it became a non issue for me

Works like a charm

· Registered
278 Posts
Ok, in the original post it states there are three slide finishes;

Notice it says Blued ( slide looks Matte Black with unfinished silver barrel )? So why do many of the blued ones look glossy, as in a standard bluing, and anything but matte? It's quite obvious in many of the posted pics, even in this here thread, and in many I've personaly handled. Also, it says the Parkerized ones are dark grey with charcoal black barrels. However the ones listed on Gunbroker, as being Parkerized, look exactly like mine, silver barrel and all. Not to mention that two other forum members here, who have Parkerized models, say mine looks just like theirs. Though I'll admit it says OD Green/Blue on my box. Sure has me confused!

· Registered
3 Posts
Ok, in the original post it states there are three slide finishes;

Notice it says Blued ( slide looks Matte Black with unfinished silver barrel )? So why do many of the blued ones look glossy, as in a standard bluing, and anything but matte? It's quite obvious in many of the posted pics, even in this here thread, and in many I've personaly handled. Also, it says the Parkerized ones are dark grey with charcoal black barrels. However the ones listed on Gunbroker, as being Parkerized, look exactly like mine, silver barrel and all. Not to mention that two other forum members here, who have Parkerized models, say mine looks just like theirs. Though I'll admit it says OD Green/Blue on my box. Sure has me confused!

Hey Spirithawk,
I like the look of yours.
To add the confusion, my P11 came with both parkerized slide and barrel...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts