Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My P3AT is now up and running. However, last night while cleaning I noticed this:

Is peening to the face of the hammer the normal break in wear? I never noticed this on my P-32.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Just looks like normal finish wear from the slide...
Might want to check the area on the underside that brings back the hammer. A little smoothing with fine grit sandpaper at the edge should smooth things up.
Flyer

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need to reshoot this pic. Actually there is a firing pin shaped divet in the hammer now. I mean, the divet is the exact size and shape of the end of the FP that it strikes.

I polished the hammer interface on the slide.

G

·
i am not that up to speed with how different makers make their ammo, but could it be that you were using something with a hard primer? i would imagine that it will not affect the function of the pistol at all but maybe Marty will chime in here and lend some advice.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Don't worry Dom,

You're in good company. I've got some on mine. It appears to me that once it reaches a certain point, it doesn't continue to increase.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
That's weird... the steel in the hammer is the toughest and springiest in the whole bloomin' gun.
Still.... as long as it's not affecting perfomance in any way I'd just forget about it.
Flyer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts