Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once home from the range I proceeded to field strip my P3AT and clean it. I do have a little bit of slide rail peening on the outside front edge. I've seen posts on this, and know what to do, so I'm not too worried. What does worry me, however (at least a little) is that there are two spots on the inside of the frame that are clearly contacting something on the slide and are getting scraped down. I'm attaching a couple of pics. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I can't mentally visualize the inside of the pistol when firing well enough to get a good idea about what's causing this. Whatever the cause, it certainly didn't pose any function or reliability problems at the range.

In the second picture, the left-hand red circle is the normal slide-rail peening. The right hand red circle is the spot on the inside of the frame I'm concerned about.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
madman,
Most of the frame wear on the inside is caused by the barrel lug. It's rubbing a little against the inside of your frame as recoil begins, then straightens out.
Pay it no attention; it'll most likely top right where it is. Nothing to worry about!
Flyer

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I just read my reply again and realize that I said what I meant, only not the right way! Duh!!!
It's the barrel lug making the mark as you put the slide BACK ONTO the frame. Then, as it's straightened fully by that procedure, it doesn't mark any more.
Make more sense now??? :roll:
Flyer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts