Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\"Pager Pal\"

I have been looking at the web site for the "Pager Pal" Mini, www.pagerpal.gunserver.com and was wondering if anyone has purchased or have seen one of these holsters. The concept seems practial for complete concealment but I would like to see if anyone has any feed back on these. I have read some bad reviews about customer service and shipment of the holster. Can anyone provide any input?
Thanks,
Rgrill

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Well, I had one of them when they first hit the market years ago for a Colt Mustang...
It worked well enough; my main problem was a smooth draw.
Also, it's going to bulge your belt a bit more than you might like; still, it's definitely a quality piece of work.
Flyer

G

·
i bought one of these at a gun show one year. i wore it for awhile and now it resides in a box with all the other leather gear that i have accumulated over the years. i guess it is mostly in part because of the "pocket carry" revolution that has taken over. it is far easier to carry my P32, P3AT, P11, (soon a P40) or Kahr PM9 in a pocket holster, which is faster to draw and more comfortable than stuck in my pants.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I tried one a few months back but it didn't fit very well and was very conspicuous.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the info. Sorry about the URL, typed it incorrectly. Still like the looks of the mini "Pager Pal" but now undecided. Might have to see for myself, don't know. Thanks again.

·
Registered
345 Posts
If you want to get the "feel" of a pager pal, simply tape a coffee cup saucer to the inside of your trousers where you'd normally clip a pager. Walk around, drive, goto work, sit for a while, go to the bathroom etc. Wear it all day... If at the end of the day you can honestly say, hey that was allright, didn't hurt a bit, very comfortable, then and only then plunk your $$$ down to buy one.

It might be okay for deep concealment of a P32 or a P-3AT, but not very good for something the size of a P11... IMHO

For this style of carry, a Thunderwear or Smartcarry rig is much better I believe.

Allan

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have seen and tried the Pager Pal models at gunshows. The leather work is pretty decent. But, I have trouble drawing an find it to be an awkward two handed cross-draw.

The irony of those holsters for me is that a gun small enough to be carried comfortably would be more comfortable and easier to access in your pocket.

Also -- you really have to use your own phone or pager. The dummy pager is pretty cheesy.

Duane
[email protected]
www.KDHolsters.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
\"Pager Pal\"

Again, thanks for all the comments about the “Pager Pal”. Birdman really put me to thinking that it would be a waste of money, as going through that scenario in my head did not make me want to order one. Also, all of the other comments made me glad I asked the “experts” as that is what this forum is for. What I would like is something that will conceal my P3AT during the warmer months without using the pocket holster. I don’t want to carry in the front pockets and I have seen the back pocket holsters and don’t really care for them much. Wearing the shirt not tucked in is out of the question in my employment, so what about a “pop top”? Has anyone have experience with that type? I did order a “Owl” holster from Ron Graham but that was sometime ago and have not seen it as of yet. Maybe I’ll just wait and see what that is like. Thanks again and I really enjoy this forum.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Yep, Birdman had a good point in "testing" the effects of extended carry with something like the Pager Pal.

He may have saved you from a trip to the Chiropracter for Sciatica. I've heard of complaints from people wearing IWBs that the pressure of someting large inside the waistband for long periods irritated/initiated the condition.

For the P-32/P-3AT, I think the best all-around carry method of choice is a pocket holster.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

flyandscuba said:
I've heard of complaints from people wearing IWBs that the pressure of someting large inside the waistband for long periods irritated/initiated the condition.
Heck.. I get that just from the waistband of my jeans... I can't imaging anything the size of a gun getting in there. For me its either pocket carry, shoulder carry or, occasionally, mexican in the back.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought a pager pal 4 or 5 years ago, to go with my Beretta Tomcat. I followed the instructions explicitly. After I had the holster properly "formed" I tucked it in my pants, somewhat forward of my font pocket. It felt weird, but it worked well enough. I walked around to get the feel of it. Then I sat down and the [email protected]#$%^&* stupid *&^%$#@! piece of *!&@^#%$ crushed my [sensitive male essence]!

I ripped the thing out of my pants, took it into the back yard and shot it with my Tomcat.

I hope that wasn't too explicit . . .

·
Registered
35 Posts
More carry considerations

I've been carrying my P3AT and spare mag in one of those ThunderWear holsters now for about 5 weeks. I wear it with the gun just on my left thigh, so that when I unzip to pee the right side of the holster is NOT in the way. Carrying like this, all day, every day has proven to be very successful. It fits under pleated and plain front slacks and my everyday, work in the yard, kinda snug Levis with NO problem. Its not uncomfortable, it doesn't restrict my moving about and it is completely invisible.

Drawing the gun takes a little practice, then no time to clear and be in the hand.

If I get a chance, I'll take a pic or 2 to share to show how invisible it is. BTW, if I was caught carrying at work, I'd be out the door the same hour so it has to be hidden well and Thunder Wear is working for me!

·
Registered
4 Posts
PagerPal

The comfort level of using a PagerPal holster depends on the size and shape of the wearer. If you are over weight (like I am) a PagerPal is very uncomfortable. They are quite stiff when new I worked mine over with a leather softener but it still hurt to try to wear it. It's not bad standing up but sitting down is a whole other story. :shock2:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I was at the range last night and a off-duty leo came into pop off some rounds and showed the guy behind the counter his Glock and he had in a smart carry. There was also a class for cwl's also at the same time and not one of us knew he was carrying a glock 17 whatsoever. He turned his back and put it back in, we knew it was there but could not see it. I dont know about the pager pal, it just looks undercomfortable.

Im going to be trying a smartcarry myself in the next few weeks when it arrives. If you call Charlie from Smartcarry, he will talk to you about the holster. So Im waiting for mine to arrive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined the forum. Thanks for having me.

I've used a Pager Pal for about 7 months for two larger guns; the Makarov 9 X 18 and the Glock 19 (9MM). It took several weeks of daily wear to brek in the leather but once it was softer and more flexible, it became relatively comfortable.

I was able to develop a fast draw by using my weak hand to push up on the muzzle from inside the left pocket. When the grip popped out, a cross-draw was easy. After putting finger extensions on my Glock's magazines, the Pager Pal became more difficult to slide up due to the extension 'catching' on my waistband. I'm thinking I should put my carry magazine back to stock for that reason.

As for the pager concept, yes, the phony pager is cheezy, however, they sell glasses cases, flashlight holsters, cell phone cases, etc. to replace the pager. I have ordered a glasses case with the hope I can fit a nice flashlight in it.

I have a pending dealership in the works with Pager Pal and currently am in the flashlight and headlamp business. That said, their customer service rep. advised me that my glasses case would be shipped out by the Thursday before last. My debit card hasn't even been charged yet, more than a week after the promised ship date and they haven't returned my call regarding the delay in shipping.

I'm in the middle of a gun show this weekend and since the pager clip that broke hasn't been replaced yet (same shipment), I can't even demonstrate the Pager Pal.

So, there are pluses and minuses with the Pager Pal. I'll be patient for a little while longer but.....

Oh yes, I agree that the P-3AT and the P-32 are best carried in the pocket and in a good pocket holster that allows you to access the grip easily and stay in the pocket (front or rear) when drawn. For the KT pocket pistols, a Pager Pal would be either overkill or underkill, depending on the situation. Do yourself a favor and use a pocket.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts