Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In anticipation of getting my new to me P40 (from shuguy), I spoke with him and he stated that the P40 I am purchasing has a 19lb Wolff recoil spring. When I bought the recoil calibration pack from Wolff for my P11, it came with three FP recoil springs. I used one of them on my P11, can I use one of the others on the P40? Also, KT sent me a new FP set up for my P11, can I use this if needed to replace the FP in the P40 is it was ever needed?

Probably questions for bloodwalker or yzguy..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If i've said it once than i've said it atleast once, MAN I LOVE THESE GUNS! I am not sure what turned me on to these pistols. I think it was the P32 but I am sure that it was meeting most of you on the other site and then migrating over here that sealed the deal!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hey, Marty, since you seem to be watching this thread, and since it's related somewhat, are there still any chromed and/or park'd P40 top ends available for swapping, and what will a chromed .357 barrel cost me (if there are even any available)?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
My P-40 hard chrome swap included the slide, barrel, and assembly pin - all for $20.00. There shouldn't be an extra charge for getting a chromed barrel with a chromed slide, even in .357 SIG - if they have them in stock.

Regards, Keys 8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How do you purchase parts and accessories for the P40 and the .357, from KT if they are not listed on the web site any more? I would eventually like to get the .357 barrel for my P40. Do I just call and get whomever answers the phone to check for me?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Yes,

They are still fully supported under warranty by KT -- so parts and some accessories are still available. If the customer service rep who answers the phone isn't sure, ask them to check with one of the 'smiths. I had to do that when I bought my .357 Sig conversion.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
are there any aftermarket web sites that you can order kel-tec barrels from. Cheaperthandirt has very little left for anything KT.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The only thing I'm familiar with is what the KT factory has available. The only aftermarket item I've ever seen for a KT pistol are magazines by ProMag, which aren't near the quality of the factory/MecGar magazines...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts