Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but have a P3AT experience to share.
I bought a new one, serial #H6K95 about 3 weeks ago. I have had every problem with this gun that I can find listed on this forum. 1. Failure to extract 4 different kinds of ammo.
2. Smilies and magazine follower battering
3. A noticable dent pounded into the hammer face
where it strikes the firing pin.
4. Assembly pin backing out after a few shots
I don't understand why this gun is so bad, I have a P11 and had a P32 and never had a problem with either one of them. I contacted Kel-Tec and they were very nice and said to send the gun back and they will get it working 100 percent. I'm going to send it tomorrow. Will keep forum posted of the ultimate results.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome to the forum, very sorry to hear your new pistol seems to have most of the reported bugs, all rolled up into one neat package.

Don't be too awfully discouraged; You can rest assured that KT will make it right for you!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Problems with p3at

I think k/t would be far ahead of the game if they tested them with a few mags. prior to shipping. That way they could fix the defective ones and provide a gun that functions w/o problems. I had issues with my first p32 (failures to extract). Drove to their facility and Valerie had her going in no time. She also smoothed the trigger face. I took my p11 also and Marty had her fixed in no time. While I was there I upgraded the p32 with hard chrome. I bought another p32 which has been problem free from the get go. I think k/t could save $$$ by testing their guns prior to shipping. Also it wouldn't hurt their immage any either.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
All guns are reportedly fired before they leave the factory, but probably only a few rounds. All of my KTs have worked straight from the box, except my P-40 which was bought used. Once the feedramp was polished on it, no further problems.

·
Registered
31 Posts
QUALITY CONTROL

K/T is making as many p3at's as they can due to the high demand. I have no idea as to how many work out of the box. Probably more work than do not, but I've seen too many posts about the frame pin backing out. I went thru the blood letting when I bought my first p32. It had a weak extractor spring, recoil spring and mag. spring. I took it to k/t and they fixed it on the spot and also upgraded the weak springs. Great service, no doubt about it. They're probably so backloged with problematic p3at's that they will never catch up. Just suppose that out of every 100 pistols sold 5% don't work right and have to be sent back. The more pistols they sell the farther behind they get. Now I've had problems with other gun manufactures as well, but doggonet fix the problems. I think k/t would be far ahead of the game if they fired each pistol with 2 mags. Heck pass the extra $5. on to the consumer. I'm afraid to buy one. I'm happy with both my p-32. I'm glad they work. Wonderful pistols.

·
Registered
432 Posts
You'd have to find some seriously masochistic gun lovers to do the dirty work of putting two mags thru every P3AT they sell before it leaves the factory! I love my pocket rocket, but I generally can't get more than about 100 rounds through it in one session before I start to feel like my hand is going to fall off! And that's *with* a Hogue Handall Jr. and a glove! They'd have to work in rotating shifts, and let me just say they'd have a handshake grip from hell in no time flat!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I remember the first time I spoke with Marty on the phone about stuff. This was before the P-3AT had been released, but was being tested.
He was in the process of firing at LEAST several hundred rounds a day through it.
Must be one strong guy!
Flyer

·
Registered
60 Posts
Actually I used to do all the test firing 30,000 to 70,000 rounds a week can get rough not to mention the calouses on both hands.

Marty

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

Bloodwalker said:
Actually I used to do all the test firing 30,000 to 70,000 rounds a week can get rough not to mention the calouses on both hands.

Marty
You missed my post on my "find of the week" last winter. "Sport Utility Gloves", from Walmart... $5 a pair, thin, rubber grips in all the right places, some nylon mesh for breathing and no fingertips. Perfect shooting gloves.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
30 to 70 THOUSAND rounds a week...
Well... one thing's for sure, then...
There's no shortage of reloadable .380 brass at Kel-Tec!!!
Jeez!
Flyer

·
Registered
274 Posts
Marty,

That's a LOT of shooting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you fire 50,000 rounds, one per second using a Hollywood magazine (Never needs loading) it would take 14 hours of continuous fire. I would think you'd have callouses up to your elbows! Man, no wonder you make the big money!

CA

·
Registered
432 Posts
YIKES!!! Reminds me of Flyer's little animated shooter from his sig line! That poor guy's hand was about to drop off!

Marty, you're definitely a hardcore trooper! I'm not sure if I'm tough enough to put 50,000 rounds through my P3AT in a month, let alone a week!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts