Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are the latest examples of the P3AT in the areas of Fit and Finish?

I've read the latest examples of the P32 were of very good quality, comparable to some SigSauer products:
http://www.a-human-right.com/p32/chromed.html

I would assume if they're able to achieve those levels of quality with the P32, then the P3AT being so similar should have the same levels of quality.

True? :?:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
My experience with P-32s, P-11s, and P-40s is that the overall finish and appearance is finer with the hard chrome than the blued examples. I believe this is a result of the additional preparation work required on the parts prior to plating -- and the plating itself covering small imperfections of the bare steel..

Once the hard chrome version of the P-3ATs are out, I'd expect the same level of finish quality.

As far as the "fit" between the slide and frame, all of my KTs seem to be pretty close. Again the small increase in thickness of the plating may assist in the overall fit....but I doubt it will be significant.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
polymer?

So the polymer quality is excellent as well, not just the machining?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From my cold dead hands...

Midiman, I'm surprised you even let them pry it from your fingers! :wink:

How much longer do you have to wait?

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re: From my cold dead hands...

USGuns said:

They said "it could take weeks". By then I'll be in the middle of 4 months of zero degree temperature and it may be spring before I ever fire the thing.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re: From my cold dead hands...

Midiman said:
USGuns said:

They said "it could take weeks". By then I'll be in the middle of 4 months of zero degree temperature and it may be spring before I ever fire the thing.
Sounds like it's time to break down and just buy ANOTHER P3AT. When you get this one back in about 6 -12 months you can sell it. Hey, it'll still be brand new...!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts