Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I love my P-3AT. Four hundred rounds with only one malfunction on the 3rd round fired, and that was a fluke. The Hammer block spring disconnected from the hammer block. I fixed it myself with new parts from KT. I, of course, did a F&B prior to firing the first round. (No I didn't do anything that could have caused the Hammer block spring to come out when I did the F&B.)

Anyway I'm now considering a P-11 for primary. I noticed on the other site a post stating the design service life of the P-11 is 5 to 6,000 rounds, although it may handle considerably more. That's fine with me. I like to know information like that.

I was wondering if anyone knows the design service life of the P-3AT? It's probably not a gun that I will shoot all that much, but I'd just like to know the facts.

Keep Shooting :D

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Well, actually...
Since the P-3AT has a lifetime guarantee, it has a virtually UNLIMITED service life. As long as you're alive and KT is in business it'll get fixed if it breaks for free.
As it stands alone, though... being a locked-breech design, with aluminum frame...
I'd say 8,000 rounds sounds reasonable before wear on the frame could begin to degrade performance to any degree.
As far as the steel parts are concerned I wouldn't even worry about them at all.
Flyer

·
Registered
207 Posts
My NEW/ OLD P-3AT

I had bought the earliest 3AT I could find, for the obvious reason, I wanted to be the first to offer a holster for this new gun.

Well, to continue, it was SN 015x and it had all the new gun bugs, even thou I had never fired it.

Now, I don't use it for a holster pattern gun anymore, as I have plenty of others, so I treated the old KT to a Hard Chrome upgrade for the small upgrade charge.

The OLD gun is now NEW, except the Plastic grip.
What a Company to deal with !!

G

·
Seems to me that with a lifetime warranty, if you wore out the aluminum frame after 6,000 rounds or so that KT would replace it. Kind of like puting new engine in an old car. I wonder if you called KT and told them that you had a frame with 6 or 7 thousand rounds, would they send you a new one if you wanted?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Nope, the frame's actually considered the GUN... it's got the serial #.
Gotta have it replaced at the factory.
Flyer

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
service life

i'll just tell the kids about the warranty. i don't think i'll ever wear them out :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts