Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to post this under P17 but there does not seem to yet be a heading for that gun. I have watched several full test of this gun on youtube and it has been getting high praise. I had been bugging my local gun store for several weeks and yesterday they finally received 3 P17s. I had traded my PF9 for a Ruger Mark II a while back and like it a lot. A 9mm had been too hard on my old 83yr hands and the 22lr was much easier to load the mags (using a speed loader) and rack the chamber. But the long barrel Ruger Mark II is certainly not a good conceal carry weapon. So, I thought the P17 might be just what I could best use. Well, I purchased 2 of those P17s my dealer received, one for my 78yr old wife and one for me. (We both have FL conceal licenses). The cost was a good deal more than the factory suggested price, but that is just the way the market is today. Ammo is even worse. But to have a 17 round conceal carry weapon that weighs less than 1 lb fully loaded, is very easy to load (I also have a speed loader for the mags for this gun), is very accurate with it's optic front sight, and comes with 3ea mags is perfect for me. Today I put 88 rounds through mine and wife put 17 through hers. (I have a firing range in my 4 acre yard so I just walk a few yards from the house and shoot whenever I like.

And yes, I debated the stopping power of 22lr hp, but feel any time 17 rounds hit someone in the face, they will be stopped. And yes, at 25 feet I can put 17 rounds in the diameter of some ones head, weapon right out of the box, as my first practice with this little gun showed today. (Recently, the first female police officer was killed on duty in many years and her partner critically wounded when shot with a Glock 22lr hand gun.).

·
Registered
28 Posts
I purchased my second P17 today, Oct 21, from my LGR! I purchased my first P17 several months ago and it was my very first .22 hand gun! I am 77 years old and I am and have been a Glock Guy for well over 20 years but I decided to switch to the .22 because of the very high price of 9mm ammo. I shoot once a week at my LGR and so far, I have shot almost 1000 rounds through this P17 without a flaw, except for 2 failure to fire dud rounds! I liked this gun so much that I purchased another one today and I also recently purchased a Beretta Bob Cat in .22LR and a Rossi RS22 Rifle in .22LR! I love my .22's! 😎

1 - 3 of 3 Posts