Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know if Kel-Tec has a conceal carry version of the P17 in the works? The P17 seems to be a hell of a gun at a terrific price, but I wish it was small enough for conceal carry. It's 1.8 inches longer and 1.6 inches taller than the Baretta Model 21 Bobcat. As I'm getting up in years and becoming an easy target for criminals, I need a gun that I can keep on me when I'm out, is easy to handle and affordable. A conceal carry P17 would be perfect for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I dont know. I am not knocking the P17 for being used for protection but I would rather go with a larger caliber handgun such as the SCCY CPX line of handguns. My SCCY CPX2 is smaller in height and length compared to my P17 and did not cost very much more than the P17 msrp is. Pics of the two in comparison to each other.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know. I am not knocking the P17 for being used for protection but I would rather go with a larger caliber handgun such as the SCCY CPX line of handguns. My SCCY CPX2 is smaller in height and length compared to my P17 and did not cost very much more than the P17 msrp is.
Two things: from what I hear, small 9mm pistols kick like a son of a gun, and as I said I'm getting up in years. I'm assuming the only time I'll need the gun is when someone tries to jump me like in a parking lot at night. I want a gun I can wield with one hand and shoot quickly and accurately. Secondly, I'm going to have to spend a lot of time at the range because I'm a newby. I'd much rather shoot $20 worth of ammo every time I go rather than $60.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I understand. Some of them do, some of them do not. I personally dont find my SCCY to have bad recoil because of the design and material that the grip is made of. I dont have an issue with shooting it, my wife does not have an issue shooting it, and my 11yr old son does not have an issue with shooting it either. With that said, recoil does affect many people in different ways.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd like to know if Kel-Tec has a conceal carry version of the P17 in the works? The P17 seems to be a hell of a gun at a terrific price, but I wish it was small enough for conceal carry. It's 1.8 inches longer and 1.6 inches taller than the Baretta Model 21 Bobcat. As I'm getting up in years and becoming an easy target for criminals, I need a gun that I can keep on me when I'm out, is easy to handle and affordable. A conceal carry P17 would be perfect for me.
No Problem for Me. I can and have carried my P17 in my front right Pocket in a De Santis Pocket holster! Just wear Cargo Shorts/Pants and it works. Very light and has 17 rounds ready to go!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I live here in Central Florida and I have had no trouble at all with Pocket Holsters, as I wear Cargo Shorts with great deep front pockets. I Have carried my Glock 26 for many years and my EDC now is my G43 in a front pocket holster. I recently purchased a P17 and I have been carrying this gun in my front pocket with the Safety On and even though it is larger than a G43 or G26, It is very much lighter and holds 16 + 1 rounds which I am confident with for self defense!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live here in Central Florida and I have had no trouble at all with Pocket Holsters, as I wear Cargo Shorts with great deep front pockets. I Have carried my Glock 26 for many years and my EDC now is my G43 in a front pocket holster. I recently purchased a P17 and I have been carrying this gun in my front pocket with the Safety On and even though it is larger than a G43 or G26, It is very much lighter and holds 16 + 1 rounds which I am confident with for self defense!
Just curious. What do you use for a Pocket Holster. I use Alabama Holsters, and I really like them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't have any problems with my P17 in my right front pocket, without using a holster! This gun is so light and holds 17 rounds for self defense, which IMO is more than enough for self defense. I just make sure the Safety is engaged and I just put it in my right hand pocket of my Cargo Pants. I can draw it out with ease and I do practice my draw, making sure I disengage the safety at the same time. I feel very confident when I carry this gun for self defense and for me, this works! (y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts