Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if I will need P-11 mags to go with a 9mm upper on the P-40. I haven't been to the range yet, but sitting at the bench, 9mm 115gn FMJ cycles just fine from my P-40 magazine. Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Considering that there are three editions of the P-40 mags it's hard to tell. The original P-40 mags had the exact same feed lip design as the P-11's. If you have those then no problem, but more than likely you have P-40 mags with the additional feed lip cutout. For me those have a tendency to cycle two rounds at the same time when used with a P-11. You might want to order a P-11 mag from Kel-Tec just to be on the safe side.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Keys, good advice. My P-40 mags appear to have an additional cut-out on the lips, kind of a semi-circle on both sides. The mags came with my P-40 s/n 72xxx, and have never jammed when shooting 40S&W.

Don

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Don said:
Just wondering if I will need P-11 mags to go with a 9mm upper on the P-40.
up to now I have made all my mags dedicated to the P11 shoot with my 40 cal/357sig rounds. They just so happen to also gobble up 9mm like it was going outta style. :D

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Gun_Nut_2k1 said:
up to now I have made all my mags dedicated to the P11 shoot with my 40 cal/357sig rounds. They just so happen to also gobble up 9mm like it was going outta style. :D
Gun_Nut_2k1,
Have you tried any S&W 59 or 69 series mags?

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Gun_Nut_2k1,
Have you tried any S&W 59 or 69 series mags?
Regards, Keys 8)[/quote]

Not yet. I am saving my exspensive factory high caps for the sub and the Deawoo and Smith 59. They cost to much to dedicate to the P_357sig considering I have the KT mag and few mags to go with the others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts