Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost had a P-3AT today. Called my local overpriced shop and they had one in stock. $349.00 and they said they might be able to take a little bit off. A little bit to them is usually $5.00 so I laughed at them. I don't remember seeing anybody pay this much. What's a good retail price? Any good online places that might be better including paying the transfer?

Thanks, Keys 8)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I paid 222.00 for mine in Kansas City......at my favorite shop, not so good customers will pay about 260.00....but like most shops, they are temporarily out of stock. I was there today and they called 3 different suppliers, and no one had any. Maybe a P3AT-less Christmas around this area.
Regards SonnyD

·
Registered
52 Posts
They run about $239 here in Houston. We seem to have a gun show every week (going to another Dec 6) and they are always there.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re:

SonnyD said:
I paid 222.00 for mine in Kansas City......at my favorite shop...
If you don't mind sharing, by post or by PM, what shop is that? A friend / lady from work is married to a KCPD rookie who does not yet have a backup gun, and doesn't have the world's biggest budged (what patrol cop does?). I've told her that her hubby should really look at a KT, and I've promised to try and find someone locally who stocks them so I can take him down or send him down to look at them. I've also promised to do a F&B for him if he gets one. In any event, it's been impossible to find one locally, so any help for this worthy cause would be appreciated.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yesterday I found yet another shop in Bradenton carrying the P3AT...$330. I politely told him I thought it was a tad high and he said he waited forever to get just 5 in, that they were in demand...no kidding. Don't these guys know they would sell a ton of them if they priced more competitively?

·
Registered
109 Posts
KeysBear said:
Almost had a P-3AT today. Called my local overpriced shop and they had one in stock. $349.00 and they said they might be able to take a little bit off. A little bit to them is usually $5.00 so I laughed at them. I don't remember seeing anybody pay this much. What's a good retail price? Any good online places that might be better including paying the transfer?

Thanks, Keys 8)
And I bet he will be dismayed when he continues to dust off the same P3AT six to eight months from now!! :wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wait for a Gun Show

KeysBear
I see that you're in S.Fla - the Gun Show prices have been reasonable. I just picked up a new P-3AT for $249 ($270 out the door) this past weekend at a show here in Orlando.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cal45,
I just missed our Fort Lauderdale show this weekend - had too many family activities going on. Usually the Palm Beach show is in between so I might scoot up there in a couple of weeks. Got to make sure I take enough cash for a P-3AT and another Makarov. I can't go to a gun show and not bring home a Mak. It just wouldn't be right.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would have to want something real bad, especially a firearm to pay over RETAIL. I would pay retail 309.00 in the case of the P3AT if I wanted one that bad, since they are getting hard to get. But I'd even think hard about that.
Regards SonnyD

·
Registered
205 Posts
KeysBear
I see that you're in S.Fla - the Gun Show prices have been reasonable. I just picked up a new P-3AT for $249 ($270 out the door) this past weekend at a show here in Orlando.
Not so in Tampa as far as I have seen. the lowest price I have seen is $299. They probably could be talked down a bit, but I doubt down to $250, or about the $220-$230 I will eventually pay for one...

maybe I have to go to Orlando... :)

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
$300 would have been okay, but not $349., uh, uh, no way - I'll wait.

They have awful prices on mags and holsters too. They're into ripping people off.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Keys, Buddy!

I've got an extra -- brand new in the box P-3AT -- sitting in my safe.

I'll sell it to you for $300....can bring it down on my next trip to the area.

Paid $230 for it, though.... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK, I'm new here, just bought my 1st Kel Tec Sunday at the VA Hampton Show. So, I guess $209 ($221 OTD) was alright for a new P3AT? :D Can't wait to shoot it, hope it works, I will clean and lube 1st.
Chris

·
Registered
224 Posts
Welcome aboard Chris! But I gotta tell you...Keys is going to be coming to visit you!
Barry

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re:

flyandscuba said:
Keys, Buddy!

I've got an extra -- brand new in the box P-3AT -- sitting in my safe.

I'll sell it to you for $300....can bring it down on my next trip to the area.

Paid $230 for it, though.... :mrgreen:
Rackkin frackkin varmit :evil:

Pirating at a fellow ranger's expense. :x

Shame on you regards, Keys 8)

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay guys,
I'm going to be covering pretty much all of two counties today, and in between working my pocket full of cash is going to be looking for a reasonably priced P-3AT. Wish me luck.

Regards, Keys 8)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts