Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks Marty. It's nice to know you walk among us.
Skyking :)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Is it also a propitious time to send my P-11 and P32 slide/barrels in? Been bugging the KT bout them for so long it ain't funny.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I'll come by if there is a bad weather day at the Sun-n-Fun 2004 ( www.sun-n-fun.org ). I'll call ahead if needed...see ya then and thanks for the heads up!

flyandscuba

PS -- if the demand is high and the stock gets low, PLEASE hide one for me! :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I'm intrigued by the slide exchange program but am not interested in hard chrome. I await the parkerized version. My only hesitation is the amount of work I've done to the original barrel to straighten out the smiley situation. I kind of hate to give it up after doing three rampectomies on it getting it right.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

J.R. Bob Dobbs said:
Hmm, sounds suspiciously like an April Fools post to me :O
Explain/Expound... The slide exchange program is legitimate and its announcement in this thread was made by a Kel-Tec employee.

Additionally... I would like to proudly point out... it was announced HERE FIRST!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have grown suspicious of any significant announcement made on April 1, having fallen hard for a few in the past !!!! I have been anxiously waiting for HC 3at parts.

If it's true, I'm sending one of my 3at's top end to Cocoa Monday. I was planning to order some spare parts next week anyway, so its a grand coincidence.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Umm, J.R.,
Bloodwalker is Marty, Kel-Tec's head gunsmith, and he does NOT lie!
I don't know if ya knew this or not, so if you didn't, now ya do...
If Marty says they're available, they're available!!!
I'd go ahead and send in your slide!
(By the way, this isn't a jab atcha... I'm just not sure if you knew who Marty really was!)
Flyer

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
midiman: What's your story on parkerized over hard chrome? I'm thinking of adding a P3AT eventually and giving the P32 (ouch), to the little lady. My P11 is chrome but a parkerized 3AT WOULD give me one of each. By the way, does KT do a parkerized slide exchange?

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

TxCajun said:
midiman: What's your story on parkerized over hard chrome?
If done properly, it's a more durable finish, especially for guns that are carried daily in humid environments... and I'm a biggot. I discriminate based on color. I like black guns.

By the way, does KT do a parkerized slide exchange?
Not yet... but eventually.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Thanks. Midiman? Are you running that guitar through a midi or is that not a musical reference?

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

TxCajun said:
Thanks. Midiman? Are you running that guitar through a midi or is that not a musical reference?
I have one Strat with a Roland GK-2a pickup on it that feeds a Roland GI-10 MIDI/Guitar converter... which fires any of the 9 synths/samplers/modules in my studio. The red one on the right...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Cool. I may have more guitars than guns... I'd have to take a count. Strat, Tele. Aria, Resonator, lap steel, mandolin, banjo, a pair of Talors, WWII Epiphone Archtop, Epi classical... I had a friend once with a Rolland-ready strat (built in) and he could make that thing sound like anything from an oboe to a frieght train. I fooled around with midi on my Yamaha keyboard some but never on guitar. All the various computer settings are too complicated for me and at this point, I don't want to work that hard. Rock on!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts