Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new P-3AT (H1Xxx). Did a F&B. Took it to the range. Only fired a few rounds when the slide wouldn't slide home. Huh?

Got it home and examined it. It seems that the Extractor Pin (part 184) was sticking out ever so slightly into the interior of the slide, causing it to score the frame where it came into contact. It was this that was jamming the slide movement.

What tool do you use to push this pin in or out with? I tried a couple of small tools, but I'm probably not doing it right. The pin wouldn't budge. So, I sanded the sharp edge down a bit, which completely solved the problem. I took it to the range again and had nary a problem.

Anybody else experienced this? How do you deal with it (other than the sanding solution)?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, this happens now and then.
Just use a slightly undersized drill bit and a hammer to lightly tap the pin back up into the slide. No problem!
Flyer

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 3at s/n H3xxx also had the extractor pin protruding ever so slightly below the slide, not enough to jam things up, but enough to make contact with the aluminum frame. I only noticed it after the first range session, when I saw the mark on the frame.

I just tapped it up a little, with a small pin punch. It's a tight pin, I don't expect it to move by itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts