Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to start a thread to discuss the P-357 or those with P-40s and a .357 Sig barrel. We seem to be in the smallest of minorities compared to everything else ever produced by KT.

I ran through a 100 rounds or so in my .357 Sig converted (and dedicated to a P-357) P-40 this week. I LOVE this little pocket cannon!

To me, the ballistics are excellent (Cor-bon at 1500 fps and 575 ft/lbs), recoil isn't unbearable, accuracy is acceptable, large magazine capacity....what else could you ask from a concealed carry pistol?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I like the .357 conversion... I just don't like the cost of the ammo!!!
I've got the least experience with this conversion, as a result... but it's always functioned well, and accurately to boot.
In .40, the Cor-Bon 135 grain load is whizzing out at 1325 fps, for muzzle energy of 526 ft. lbs... OUCH!
Flyer

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
flyandscuba,
I plan on ordering a .357 SIG barrel early next week. Flyer's right, I don't find a lot of appealing ammo prices, but I'm sure it's a real blast to shoot. Welcome to KTrange.

Regards, Keys 8)

G

·
Here's a question?

It may be stupid but here it goes;

Could I order a 40 cal barrel and/or a 357 sig barrel and use it in my P11. (I can do this with my Glocks but how about the Kel-Tec's) :?:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
norfdet893,
You need a P-40 conversion kit. This allows you to shoot .40 S&W in your P-11. Then, you can get a .357 Sig barrel that works with the new slide that's included in the .40 kit.
KT no longer makes the kits, but apparently still sells the .357 barrels. There are a lot of P-40 conversions still available, though, through online sites or at good-sized gunshows.
If you're seriously interested in one, place a "wanted to buy" ad in the For Sale section. I'm pretty sure you'll find someone that's got one for sale at a good price shortly!
Flyer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You need to get a .40 cal conversion kit (no longer produced, but still available sometimes on the internet or gun shows). The .357 Sig and .40 S&W barrel are interchangable, but the 9mm is not. The slide on the P-11 is slightly shorter than the P-40, so the 9mm barrel will not work. The frame of the two pistols are identical (why you can use the conversion kits on the P-11).

At one time, .357 Sig conversion kits were still available from KT for $175. The .357 Sig barrel has been $110. The .40 conversion kit has been sold out for some time now. Call KT to see what is still available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a P40 brand new for $200... I havent got to shoot it yet, but I have already bought 3 extra clips for it. I have done alot of reading up on these and I am most interested in this 357 conversion. What all does it take and how much?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The last I heard, the prices listed in my previous post were still valid. The conversion kit is an entire top end assembly. Simply remove your disassembly pin, slide off your .40 top end -- and slide on the .357 Sig top end. The mags are the same. That's all there is to it.

If the conversion kits are now gone, see if they have any more of the barrels. Again, it should be a drop in fit.

You can call KT tomorrow toll free at 1-800-515-9983 and see what is still available. The answering recptionist might not know -- or say they don't have it (that's what happened when I ordered mine), so you might want to ask for either Marty or Valerie -- the gunsmiths.

Good luck and welcome to the KTRange!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks alot for the info. I'll call first thing in the morning!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts