Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new P-32 after much research, most users seemed happy and some noted problems. I figured I have bought guns in the $600+ range that had problems so $238.00 seemed like a decent gamble. I tried 3 guns and bought the one with the best trigger, I then bought a box of Winchester whitebox FMJ at wallyworld. I have a range behind my house so off I went despite the heat and blackflies. I loaded up the little beast and stepped back 15ft to get an idea of accuracy potential. All shots were in the black of my homemade target with a 2inch bull. I then stepped back 25ft, same results. I got real brave and went back 50ft I got a 3-4 inch group, well heck why not try 25yds. Well when I went to check the fresh target all 7 were in a 6inch group, I fired the above groups at a about 4 seconds between shots, a sort of semi rapidfire. I have had guns twice as expensive not perform as well with real target sights to boot! Also not one failure to feed or fire. I then loaded up and shot rapid fire at 15ft and all were hits on the target in a 10inch circle shooting as fast as sight picture allowed about 2 seconds between shots. I have shot competatively and shoot 3 times a week with various guns, I feel the people that are having problems with some jams may be limp wristing, also folks with accuracy problems may not have the shooting experience as some others who have had very good group results. I do believe that yes there may be problem guns as ALL manufacturers have guns that come back for tuning. Also I have had 3 guns of the same manufacturer and same model and caliber and all 3 had a different preference in ammo. All I can say is I am amazed by this little gun, I was shocked at the performance! I have shot 50 rounds zero problems. Now to try silvertips and gold dots, I plan on testing the hollowpoints and FMJ ammo for penetration on old roasts that are being thrown out at a local market at a later date. I am sure the FMJ will penetrate more than enough, but am real curious about the Hollowpoints. I now have a summer carry gun that I feel I can rely upon and will carry daily. Like any gun you pray you never need it, but when your safety is on the line the gun is there. I feel with the accuracy potential of this gun I am not undergunned with the small but effective 32, proper bullet placement is the key with any caliber. Not to be repetative but I am totally amazed and one happy consumer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you decide to use the P32 as a carry gun and use HP ammo I suggest making a Flyer wire to prevent rimlock. To find out how http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/index.htm and click the rim lock link. There is also a plethora of other useful links on this site. Stay safe and enjoy the P32 I love mine so much I carry it all the time in a KD pocket holster.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I find the P32 to be a perfect "all the time" gun. It goes into the pocket when you get dressed in the morning and stays there until you undress at night. It doesn't leave your pocket when you get home from work, like your primary carry. That way if someone busts down your front door, you actually have something right at hand to give them pause, while you fight your way to serious firepower (like a 12 guage, or an AR-15).

Also, if you decide to carry FMJ, Keltec uses Sellier & Bellot to test all their weapons. Its loaded kindd of hot, but the P32 will eat it all day long.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Believer

I use the CorBon 32 which seems noticeably hotter than the silvertip. I bought the KelTec mag spacer and have no problems at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts