Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put 20 magazines of Winchester White Box 115gr. FMJ. through my P-11. (These are the ones that come 100 to the box and are fully rounded at the tip of the projectile.) They performed flawlessly as they always do. Could any of you folks tell me of a JHP that most closely mimics the shape and size of the Winchester White Box stuff I am talking about? What are your thoughts on using the Win White Box as my carry ammo?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Probably, the Federal load number C9BP has the most "round" nose in the Hi-Shok (not Hydra-shok) bullet. The ballistics on this round are fairly good for 9mm at 1160 fps and 345 ft/lbs..

http://www.federalcartridge.com/ammocat20.asp?s1=1

Personally, for 9mm -- I choose to carry the Cor-bon ammunition with the 115 gr. projectile. I've never had any feeding problems with this bullet and the ballistics are exceptional for a 9mm personal defense round at 1350 fps and 466 ft/lbs.

Corbon

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which do you guys believe has the best ballistics, the Federal Hi-Shok C9BP or the Corbon Pow R'Ball? If both fed equally well, which would you use?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
P11 JHP ammo

Murray,
try some Federal "personal defense" 135gr Hydra-Shok JHP. It was one of the best JHP's I tried and was available at WalMart.
og

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
MurrayNevada,
For me, the absolute best feeding 115 grain JHP for a P-11 or any 9mm gun is the Winchester 115 grain JHP Personal Protection, USA9JHP. It shoots a little easier than the FMJ Winchester that you're using, and is not as dirty. A box of fifty is under $10.00 at Wally World. Now, I'm talking about the best feeding round, but some tests have shown that it may not be the best expanding round. If you want carry ammo that you can practice with without spending a fortune then this is a good choice. Right now I'm carrying 124 grain +P Gold Dots, but I keep my extra mags loaded with Win 115 JHP, and a spare 50 round box in the car.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've fed both of my P-11's the following ammunition types with no feeding problems what-so-ever, often mixing different rounds in the same mag:

FMJ:
Winchester White Box
PMC
CCI Blazer
Remington Leadless
PS-Grand (which btw, is a great reasonably priced brass-cased round, available from makarov.com for 140.00 per case, shipped)

JHP:
SilverTips
Corbon +P+
Federal
Golden Saber
Winchester Personal Protection

Both of my P-11s have Wolf replacement 19# recoil springs. One is stock, except for the spring.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Dominic,
That PSGrand is rated at 1400 fps, right? That's pretty hot stuff. How does it shoot? The PSGrand Makarov ammo is great - seems like high quality clean ammo. If you like it in 9mm I'll pick up a thousand of that too.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cor-Bon Pow'R'Ball

I just ordered some Corbon Pow'R'Ball for my Kel-Tec. Their website is located here:

http://www.corbon.com/

WalMart has those Winchester Value-Box of 100rds of 9mm FMJ for only like $10.50 or so. Great deal but I would never use a FMJ for CCW because of the over-penetration and weak stopping power.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Speer Gold Dot 124 Grain +P has become my favorite carry ammo for 9mm. It should work fine in your P-11.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts