Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get some opinions about Remington Golden Saber 124gr +P ammunition. I know that every P-11 needs its own ammo reliability test but is this round generally thought to be a relianly feeding one. My standard pressure round is Federal Hi-Shok 115gr (9BP). I also want a reliable +P option. The high pressure version of the Federal Hi-Shok is a +P+ version. I like to stay away from +P+. Please share your thoughts on the Remington Golden Saber 124gr +P.

G

·
My last department used the Golden Saber 147gr +p's. We loved them. They fed reliably and were hard hitting. I am not a fan of the 147 but I would imagine that the 124's are better. It seems that the Remongton's are longer than most other rounds though.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Try hand feeding

I asked somewhat the same question about the CorBon 125+p.
My hands are sore from field striping my gun so much that I do not want to fire the CorBon because this just means more cleaning. So I hand cycled a couple of magizines full by crisply pulling back the slide. I had one round run into the ramp and did not chamber!, but I believe it would have worked fine if fired. So I would just hand fed them if you are not going to shoot them. The P-11 eat everything else that I fired through it, they are real good guns! I would bet that you would not have any proplems.

·
Registered
205 Posts
that is what I carry....

they do seem to be longer rounds, but that has not been a problem in mine.

G

·
i don't know if it is any help, but i have a P-11 I carry as a backup weapon. I carry it loaded with the remington golden sabre 124gr. +P's that you are asking about. Since this is the round i carry in it when using it as a backup it is also the round i fire at the range (i like to train with the same round i'm going to be using). I have fired appx. 500+ rounds of this type and had no feeding problems at all. And as for accuracy I have shot a 1 to 1.5 inch shot grouping on a regular basis at 50 yards and have also managed a 1 inch shot grouping at 75 yards. As far as ballistics I have seen a few articles on other websites about this round and all have given it great reviews.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I prefer the Cor-bon Pow'Rball round in 9mm+P. 100gr JHP with a polymer ball in the nose giving it the profile of FMJ (increased feeding reliability) and acting as a wedge to consistently expand the HP. The numbers are impressive, 1475fps and 483ft/lbs. Reviews of the cartridge have been good. I use it in 9mm +P, .40 S&W, and .357 Sig.

Sportsman' Guide has them at a good price -- better than the factory price:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=92037

I'm carrying it in my HK P7 for concealed carry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts