Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with the Manurhin manufactured Walther PP clones. Centerfire has a pretty good deal on these and if they are worth while I might pick one up.

David

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
DBeck,
Yes, the Manhurin Walthers are excellent guns. They're not even clones... they're licensed Walther copies. You'll find the same fit and finish on a Manhurin as you'll find on the German version.
I've shot the heck out of my .32 Manhurin; it's held up very well, and is accurate enough to pop an occasional bunny for your camp pot, if so desired.
Flyer

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have one and love it. As flyer stated they are the actual thing not a copy. I like mine and enjoy shooting it. I think you would enjoy one but keep in mind they are a pp sized .32acp so there are smaller defence guns out there.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I bought one from Centerfire. Talk with Lois, she will take care of you.

I received mine in the original box with the name of the Austrian city where the police department was located and all of the individuals who the pistol was issued to listed on the box. I also got the shoulder holster with it and an extra mag. The psitol is in excellent condition.

To re-emphasize Flyer's comments. ALL Walther PPs were made at the Manhurin factory at one point. Some of them were then shipped back to Ulm Germany to be proofed and packaged and others were marked with the Manhurin markings and packaged there.

They are not clones, but licensed pistols made on Walther equipment to Walther standards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, you guys have me convinced, as soon as I can get my new C&R to Centerfire I'll talk to Lois. Next question for you guys: what brands of ammo do you run through this pistol.

David

·
Registered
83 Posts
The only ammo I have fired through mine is S & B. I heard once that European guns in .32 like European ammo. I haven't tried anything else yet. Maybe someone else can give us both an answer............

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Since I only use my larger .32s for fun shooting/plinking (same thing!), I like the S&B ammo, too.
It's inexpensive and powerful, and in my .32s at least very reliable.
For DEFENSIVE use, I've yet to see anything that convinced me to switch from Winchester Silvertips.
Flyer

·
Registered
78 Posts
PP's

I had a PP a couple of years ago and worried a bit about the "French Connection" aspect just like you.. Then I found out that it was a "real" Walther, it had just stepped over the border to be manufactured because of the gun laws in Germany at the time. (Just after WW2). Mine was a fine little pistol. Shot well, very accurate. I only parted with it because I'm "wrong-handed" and it wasn't as practical for me with the safety on the left side. I wish now I hadn't sold it. You can't go wrong with the PP.. Then, save your money and buy a surplus P1(9MM). I recently picked up one "as new" for $299.00. Walthers are quailty firearms.. Doesn't matter if was manufactured in "the country who's name shall not be mentioned" or Germany. Best Wishes :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had one years ago, perhaps one of the first batches to come over in the late 80s. I really enjoyed it and truly wish I had another. Perhaps as spring approaches I will find the free income to buy another. Hope they are still available by then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts