Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pic of my new (expensive) toy!! Top of line Beretta 87T .22LR target pistol, reddot scope, and it is superb! Sure saves a bunch of money on target shooting.
FWIW,
og :)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Way to go, oldgranpa!!!
Looking forwards to seeing some nice tight groups on some of our new targets!
Flyer

·
Registered
519 Posts
Can i have one?

that scope is bigger than my first house!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cost!

Dan,
it costs about 3 Kel Tecs but still way way cheaper than a S&W 41. In same category accuracy as the S&W 41. I've messed around with Rugers, Browning Buckmarks, but my bifocals let me down with open sights. I had to have something I could put a reddot scope on. The younger guys in my group kept beating me. This hunk of iron and scope will level the field next time we meet! Then they will all run and get a reddot scope and I'll get beaten again!
But it'll be good for laughs.
og

p.s. tator, no bipod with it, some of Flyer's girls help me hold it!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
243 Posts
OG,

I sure know what you mean about bifocals. With my bifocals, I could no longer focus on the front sight. I just had some tri-focals made up so I could have a focal length for my sights. What a pain in the butt-----

MD

·
Registered
345 Posts
oldgranpa,

Nice rig... FWIW I have both a Smith 41 and a Buckmark and I shoot the Buckmark much better.

All a red dot does is level the playing field for those of us with failing eyesight. Once everyone shooting has an equal opportunity to get a decent sight picture, the name of the game is still trigger control... Now that you can align the sights again, the young guys won't have a chance... unless they really are better than you are; in which case they won't need the fancy sights to beat you....

Allan

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
battle of the X's

Allen,
what it will come down to is they will have to put all shots in the 10 ring and get more X's than I do.
Range trip with this new rig and the reddot did just that for me, after getting the scope zeroed and barrel conditioned with about 100 rounds, it shoots a nice group 10 in the 10 with mostly X's. Range 15yds. NRA B6 target.
I'll report back when we have the next shootout. Maybe in a few weeks as one guy went to Va. to practice with his son.

Dan, my bifocals blurr the rear sight. Front sight OK. My Buckmark .22 had no white dots or outline on the rear sight to line up with. My centerfire pistols have white dots or outlines and I can line the sights fine with them. The .22 didn't. Even the P3AT has some white outlines that can be used.
I've always envied guys at the range with scopes on their pistols so getting one with a reddot scope is partly an ego thing. You all know that!! Or you wouldn't be on this site :roll: :wink:

We all use scopes on our rifles, a scope on a pistol is a snob thing!! I like it!!! :handgun: :couch: :biggun2:

og

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Dagblast it, now you guys have me salivating to punch some holes with my Hi-Standard!!!
Another gun to plunk in the Range Bag on Saturday, I guess...
Flyer

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've scoped my Beretta too!

But it was the much less expensive U22 Neos. It was the first gun I bought last year when I becam a gun owner again. It is lots of fun, shoots straight and after the gunsmith had his way with the trigger has a very nice let off.

It has impressed every person that asked to run bullets through it. mine is the 4.5" barreled version, if I had it over again I would buy the 6 incher. But otherwise its a very fun gun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts