Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was going through my gun safe and happened onto my grandfathers little 22 revolver, he was never really into guns so I guess he just bought the cheapest thing he could find.
Anyway, it is a little 22 short 6 shot with a 3 inch barrel blued finish, the name of the gun is Burgo it does not even have a cylinder lock on it, it says made in Germany on the barrel, it has the reciept taped onto the lid of the box and he only paid $14.48 for the gun brandnew, and bought 3 boxes of Remington HI-SPEED bullets at 55 cents per box, this was back on march 16, 1967.
I went to a gun shop in my area today called Buckeye Outdoors just looking around and seen a gun just like I described above and they wanted $80 dollars for it and it was all scratched up and looked trashed.
Just goes to show keep your guns in good shape and it is just like putting money in the bank.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a Colt 357 mag revolver that my mother bought my father brand new for I think it was around $40 ( she still has the receipt and box) in the 50's. I want a time machine.......

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
If you look at one of the really old Sears & Roebuck catalog, they had guns in those catalogs. I remember seeing a .38 special for like $25.00 when I was a kid, it was a reprint of a 1964 Sears catalog that my mom used to collect.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sears Guns

I can remember when I was like 16 or 17 years old every sears stores sold shotguns and rifles.
I think they was all made by Remington but was sold under the name Ted Williams.
Then all the gun laws came into play, like you could not by a gun in citys without going through a bunch of red tape so sears and JC Pennys and most K-Mart stores quit selling guns period.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My dad had a Smith & Wesson 22 Jet. He paid $37 for it at the old Western Auto Store. I did a search on gunbroker.com and they are going for $900+ ammo was about $5 then, $100 now. :shock:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Oh yeah, those .22 Jets are worth a mint!
My buddy with a gunshop's got one in perfect shape he's got for one grand even... very low serial, one of the first hundred made.
I've begged him to let me take it to the range... but noooo, I'll put a ring on the cylinder with the cylinder stop from cycling it...
Dang!
Flyer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts