Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never even thought of looking at a P32, but I just looked on the Kel-Tec site and noticed it has a slide stop.

Anyone know why they didnt put one on the P3AT?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
It's been discused here at some length with a lot of speculation.
Given the apparent similarity in the two guns, frankly, I can't begin to imagine! That's one of a few reasons I'm sticking with my P32 for a while longer.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
No room!
The AT has a wider magazine than the P-32. To accomodate a slide stop, the frame itself would have to be a bit thicker to accomodate the piece.
So, they just left it off!
Flyer

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
grumbling.....

grumble, snort, grumble, mumble....didn't buy the P3AT at first 'cause no slide stop. Then found one for a good price and got it. grumble, mumble,.....still want a slide stop.

Have to use a Sherwin Williams paint stirring stick for a slide stop to work on mine. I remove the magazine, slip the stick in, hold upside down while pulling slide back until the stick drops between the slide and barrel. Then I can pull out the assembly pin.

Sure, sure, I've been told over and over I only have to pull the slide back a little to get the pin out. My 75 year old hands are still good but not like you young studs and I can't hold the slide long enough to get the pin out. Kel Tec should furnish paint sticks with all P3AT pistols. :roll:

grumble, mumble....still miss the slide stop.

og

P.S. It was Flyer who first suggested using a stick like that a long, long time ago on another planet we used to post on. I wonder if he will admit it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Am I missing something here?

I pull the assembly pin out and put it back in with the slide closed.

Works just fine.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Usually you have to retract the slide a bit to remove the assembly pin... the recoil spring is forcing the barrel lug against it, and it's hard to remove.
The official instructions say you need to retract the slide all the way, but in reality just a quarter-inch or less is needed.
If you can pull your pin out with the slide in full battery, I'd think you've either got weak recoil springs, or both springs aren't there... the AT uses a double-spring arrangement.
I'd give it a look-see.
Flyer

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flyer, you got me on that one. I can pull the pin with the slide closed. But I do have to pull the slide back a fraction of an inch to replace it.

Springs are all there and it works fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts