Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here goes i repair appliances for a living self-employed dude calls says his washer is busted i say ok right? well he doesnt have any money but he's got this here 9mm pistol he got from someone else ok, i'll bite so i go and fix it and he brings out this oily stinky rag with what is obviously a small blued pistol with visions of walther pp come to mind woohoo but he unwraps it and i know its a mak well i got a russian commercial mak and didnt really want another one so i'm ready to tell him i'll work out some kinda payment plan for him....but wait a minute a look and it says made in germany maybe this is an e. german so i take it. now for whats written on the slide it says mod. makarovcal.9mm makarov,made in germany by fahrzeug- u. jagdwaffenwerke ernst-thalmann, suhl impoerted by ruko products inc. buffalo n.y. ;;; strange not east germany hmm ok guys tell me what the heck this is. please.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Grab it.
Sounds like one of the rare Suhl models... I'm not certain, but it's almost certainly one of the most valuable out there.
I'll do some peeking around... but wanted to post this first so you didn't let it get away.
Flyer

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh i almost forgot

on the other side it has a square on its side with a circle in it and on the slide and frame it says d4260 and it has a rectangle with k100 in it at the beavetail it says 61 and theres a funny little oval at the very end.. mysterious yes? i love an adventure don't you?

·
Registered
519 Posts
well i dont really know anything about them, but according to Makarov.com, the square with the circle represents an East German. see attached pic.
Probably the best people to talk to are cigarman & Domzilla9

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yup, can't see the markings, but those are German grips... you really lucked out, here!
Flyer

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes i did yippee for me

and is she fine...shiny bore matching mag, beautiful bluing, and i like the straw colors on the safety. and shoot i thought my ij was a shooter but this thing is like a laser. i took it all apart and cleaned and militeced it i love militec don't you? :> anyway thanks to all who helped out in this journey. i guess the repair on the dudes washer cost me about 135$ parts and labor so i think i came out ok what you think? i know what you think..lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: yes i did yippee for me

sadp40 said:
i guess the repair on the dudes washer cost me about 135$ parts and labor so i think i came out ok what you think? i know what you think..lol
Good thing that type of "robbery" is legal!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
182 Posts
A Simson-Suhl has a marking on it that is a blacksmith's hand and hammer hitting an anvil, put on by the factory. It will also have a number on it (less than 800, indicating it's serial). They were made after the fall so if it is a '61 it is not a Simson-Suhl.

Suhl is where the plant was located. Thaelman is the commie who was honored by naming the plant after him. That marking is placed on the pistol by the importer. Ruko did "billboard"-type import marks on the left side of the slide about 1/16th of an inch high.

This is an EG military, early import. If it is in 90%+ condition it is worth about $250. Some will not pay over 225 for a Ruko billboard in 98% condition. It is not one of the highly collectable ones, but is interesting, and an EG nonetheless.

Are the mags EG mags and marked with the serial number of the pistol? If so, add 25-30 bucks to the value, one or two mags.

BTW, If the grip has no hole in the back below the screw, it is probably original, if it has a hole it was rearsenaled (that was done in 1969).

You got a great deal on this one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
strange my markings are on the right

and they are fairly tiny..and yes the mags are marked to the pistol. i don't know what the attraction is to these little devils but i got it bad. matter of fact i like small pistols on the whole. i seem to end up with bigger than i want then have to trade around to get a smaller one. lol i want a cz-83 gimme gimme but only in 9x18. and a berretta 21a oh i want them all. i seem to shoot the little ones better even though i have huge meathook hands. tanks for the info to all. bye the bye i got a sig 220 in .45acp that i hate anybody wanna help me out? reckon i should put an ad in the for sale or trade...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts