Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the conference committee on changes to the bill as written by the ohio state house of representatives meets tommorrow to try to arrive at a meeting of the minds on changes to the bill as proposed by the ohio senate.
TO WIT:
a requirement mandating locking all firearms up when a person under the age of 18 is in the vehicle.

all ohio voters please go to

http://www.NRAILA.org/oh-getrighttocarry.aspx

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
byron,
Thanks for the heads-up!
Time to go start yakking away at idiot bureaucrats on the phone...
Flyer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are they nuts?

Why in the world would they have a requirement to lock the gun when a minor is in the vehicle? How am I going to protect my child from harms way if I have to tell the bad guy, "Wait a second before you attack us, I need to unlock my gun first!" Ridiculous!! What do they think is going to happen? The gun will rise up out of your pocket or console by itself, point, aim and shoot at people under the age of 18 in the vehicle all on its own!!?? Amazing!! Obviously, you will secure the weapon when it is not under your supervision but to have to lock it when it is in your possession is obsurd!

:x

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just another ploy of the anti's lobbying group to block any type of ccw in ohio. they have the backing of the governor, attorney general and state auditor. this bloc has done everything they can to thwart the elected ohio state house and senate. :x

·
Registered
372 Posts
That's exactly it. It is designed to make it so difficult and awkward to carry that it becomes too cumbersome to bother.

It's certainly not for safety. This actually decreases safety in a couple of very obvious ways:

1. You have to handle, expose, unload and load your carry gun every time you get out of and into your car when your kids are present. How stupid is that!

2. When the violent car-jacker (hopped up on drugs) attacks you and pulls you out of the car to steal it while your kids are present, you can't defend your kids!?

Oh no! This is not about safety!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Actually, the Ohio legislature read about the parents from Ohio, who, when visiting in California, smeared peanut butter on their kids faces so they could photograph the bears licking it off. No kidding - really happened. But, just kidding about them being from Ohio. (But you do know how those folks from Ohio really are. --JUST KIDDING FLYER!!!)

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well they finally did it. legislature passed a ccw bill. gov. taft has already stated that he will veto it due to no provision for making names of recipients PUBLIC!(violation of sunshine law pertaining to open records) i'm telling you ,the man is a twit! stay tuned for further laughs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts