Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd recently mounted an Oko reflex on my Sub. Till now I've found firing it from the hip works fine mostly due to an ill-gotten youth with a BB gun always in my hands. :wink:
The Oko was to replace the %*@!&~ Kel-Tek sight. It does however require using one's shoulder.

It was apparent that the Sub is too short to shoot comfortably and the buttplate was hammering my shoulder bone.

My gunsmith gave me an old rubber rifle pad that I drilled to thread rawhide through. I also drilled 6 holes just forward of the buttplate and laced the pad to the gun. It's not "pretty" but then neither is the Sub. :D It does the job though. Total cost was 97 cents for the rawhide at Wallyworld.

I'll post a pic one of these days when the camera is handy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re:

Midiman said:
Oddly enough... Kel-Tec manufactures a stock extension...

http://www.kel-tec.com/new_page_5.htm
I looked at it but was in a hurry and after more than 1 inch. I still might buy it but add a thick pad to it.

I liked the idea of being able to work on one of my guns. I'm too untutored to completely disassemble a Beretta and afraid to scratch or damage them. The Sub is something I feel I can screw around with without doing aesthetic damage.[/img]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts