1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of these shot guns
Made by Norinco??

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep!
I've seen 'em and handled two kinds, the pump and the auto.
Both seem to be of decent quality, and a great value for the money.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I have one. The first one I had I returned because the carrier would not reliably lift cartridges in line with the Bore. The replacement one is flawless. Mine is a Hawk98. Apparently Norinco could not import under its moniker and used it instead according to the dealer. Good gun for $159. Some Remington parts fit, some do not. Barrels fit on the chamber end, but the magazine ring is in a different position. I love mine :love2:

·
Registered
76 Posts
They're banned from further importation due to GWB's Executive Order, so parts might be a little dicey.
I'd still suggest a Mossberg, Remington 870, or if your shooting high, ANY Benelli shotgun is a fine piece of machinary.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re:

Charger01 said:
They're banned from further importation due to GWB's Executive Order,
The Hawk models are banned as well? I was under the impression the name/manufacturer change allowed importation. The guns are well made and Parts are VERY close to Rem parts so a good smith would be able to cross them over. I have tried parts like the side saddle Shell carrier and they are the same. Stocks are interchangeable. All steel receiver and the best factory sighted shotgun I have ever seen. Barrels would interchange if you had the ring moved to the same position as the Norinco barrels. I have tried a mag extension, but did not use it because I want the 2 shot version so the end is flush. I just like to be different. Every one has mossbergs, but I get to say "nope not a Remington or a Mossberg" when asked what kinda Shotty that is. :wink:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I retract my previous statement:
This is what you want to buy:

Benelli Nova Tactical, will feed 2 3/4, 3", and 3 1/2 shotshells.
Comes in a slug-ready platform as well. Sweet.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I have a Mossberg Maverick 88. It is the same as the model 500 series. The only difference between the 2 are the areas where the safeties are. The 500 series has it on the trigger guard, and the Maverick have on the top. I also have a Remington 870 Police series that I picked up from my friendly gun shop recently for half of a new one was. The 870 needs a little work( slide is a little loose) which a competent smith should be able to tighten up.

I just saw the Norinco the other day and like it. It made be after the ban, but it apparently never has been fired, I took my bore light and mirror!!
Benelli's make a nice shotgun, and they are the only that I know that has a button to pop the round out the chamber with out having to unload the whole gun

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re:

cloak said:
Ok I have a Mossberg Maverick 88. It is the same as the model 500 series. The only difference between the 2 are the areas where the safeties are.
The Maverick also uses the forearm to mount the action bars to, instead of a carrier. There are also a few other minor differences. I believe the warranty is different to, but I am not sure. I like the Maverick, but prefer the 590 with 9 round tube. It even has the mean and evil bayonet lug :twisted:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And I recently found that heckler-koch makes shotguns also

1 - 9 of 9 Posts