Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very good ! I like it already..

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Welcome, RJ!
Yep, that's one thing I think we've had about enough of...
I like to know WHO I'm talking to, and WHO is answerin' me!
Flyer

·
Registered
23 Posts
Whould it be OK for a schizophrenic?

And no, I'm not (Yes, you are) No, I'm NOT!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, sometimes they slip by us for a LITTLE while...
But their ISP number always gives 'em away after a little research.
Flyer

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
R.J.,
Glad you approve. Seems like every time I check the old board I find yzguy talking to a new bunch of know-it-alls with less than ten posts. "I've been lurking here for months but never posted until now, yada yada yada..........."

Hope you make yourself at home here.

Best regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
205 Posts
you'll also notice they are all gone now.....

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, yz has been doing a good job weeding out the latest batch of "instant experts" with unsettlingly familiar writing styles... geez, it seems like it never ends!
Flyer

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Re:

yzguy said:
you'll also notice they are all gone now.....
Hey yz,
I'll have to go take a look see. I only go back there when Flyer gives me a heads up about a particular thread that is a real hoot. Last time he did it was just as I described - all the ten post wonders and you. Glad you're doing such a fine job there with your roundup. Saddle em up and make sure you've got your 13 shooter on ya.

Best regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Whew! just made it under the wire with 11 (now 12) posts! :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Re:

entropy said:
Whew! just made it under the wire with 11 (now 12) posts! :lol:
:) Hey, now you want us to cut you some slack huh? Well, okay, but only 'cause you've got 12 posts. :wink:

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Don't make no difference if ya've got 10 posts or 10,000... if we find a dual user or a pre-banned member they're gonna be scalped and mounted faster'n George Custer.
Flyer

·
Registered
205 Posts
yeah, the only problem is that I am the only one, and am not around all the time.

I would have preferred there to be at least 3 mods so things could get struck down sooner.

also my ban fuse has gotten shorter...... :)

it would be nice if there was an easier way to check for similar ip's though without having to look up every user separately....

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Guess I am glade the 10 Post Wonders are gone, but I still don't know what a Dual user is. Is that like registering two times? Why would some one do that? To talk to ones self? Does not make sense to me, but I don't doubt some person would do that.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Re:

Gun_Nut_2k1 said:
Guess I am glade the 10 Post Wonders are gone, but I still don't know what a Dual user is. Is that like registering two times? Why would some one do that? To talk to ones self? Does not make sense to me, but I don't doubt some person would do that.
Suppose someone has an outrageous opinion. They can make up a second user name to post support for that opinion. Why stop there? Make up a dozen user names and control the whole board making it look like they have the majority on their side. And the crowd shouted - "free KTGnome."

Never going to happen here.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The use of Dual identities..
Would be two names, or more, to support ones opinion or goal.. Like a *Shill* in a Poker Game. Very un-cool.

IMO

G

·
It became really counter productive on the other site. Personal attacks were made and then when the user was banned they would reappear with a different name. The nice thing was that they kept up the same rhetoric so it was not hard to single them out. After having visited a few other similiar sites like this one I can say that this is by far run the best. I would say that I am one of the least opinionated and confrontational people that you would find on an internet chat room, and I have been banned from other sites for posing questions that apparently had a history. Some take the zero tolerance policy too seriously. To the site administrators here, I bid you a job well done! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
norfdet893,
Maybe we need to add the gnome name to the filtering program - have it print "Big Bird" instead whenever anybody types it. Sorry about breakfast.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think he finaly stopped. Last time he only got one post in before being banned.... (I think it was his 4th user name)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts