Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how much it would cost to have a Makarov nickel plated and who could be trusted to do a good job?

$800 Box

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have one that I had Jack Fusilier nickel plate in a matte finish. I had a mak that had marks, poor finish on the slide, didn't want to go through the hassle of sending the whole pistol (FFL issue), and think that the tu-tone looks great. He did a great job and everything cost me less than 50 bucks I believe.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Now THAT's doggone PURTY! Gotta get one for me!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$600 gun

cigarman,

That gun looks great! looks like a $600 dollar gun! ( Yes I really mean six hundred dollars in case anyone is wondering ) anyway I am sending mine to have this done!.

I have bought mine just because I like it!, I see no reason to use it for concealed carry since I have a much lighter P-11.

$600 Box

·
Registered
182 Posts
Be sure to post it when you get it back. I'd love to see it.

BTW, I was going to leave the safety in the orginal blue and Jack suggested that it be plated also (I can switch safeties if I want a blue one). I am really happy I did. It looks great.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No scanner!

cigarman,

I do not have a scanner, in fact I bought this computer for my grandson to play bob the builder on, I guess you could say I stoled it back from him.

But believe me when I tell you that if it comes back not looking as good as yours!, the whole world will hear about it!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I forgot to mention that originally I wanted a shiny finish and talked with Jack about it. It would have required metal work because my slide was worn and dinged a bit. He told me he prefered the matte finsih because it is the most practical for a carry piece. I am very pleased with his suggetion--the marks do not show unless you really look closely--even the ding on the sight rail on the other side.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Satin Finish

cigarman,

I think you did the right thing!, my gun is in perfect shape no dings or scratches, but when going with a two tone I think the satin finish blends together better.

$800 Box

1 - 8 of 8 Posts