Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I'm new here and just thought I would add my two cents on these great little guns.

I just bought a new 3AT last week for concealed carry. WHen I got it home I just cleaned - lubed and headed out to the range. I put 50 rds of UMC Ball, 50 rds of WinClean and 20 rds of fed Hydra-Shoks through the gun. Every round chambered and fired perfectly not one single malfunction of any kind. I did a mild F&B after my first range trip. The gun feels like it functions even smoother now. I can't wait for my second range trip, which will be today.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't surprised, at first glance I wasn't sure how well this gun would perform. I have been lurking around the Kel-tec forums for a while and thought there is a reason for why these guys love these guns so much. Well now I know.

Special thanks to everyone on this board for all their knowledge, I couldn't have done it without you.

Aren't you just getting all teary eyed :lol:

Thanks again, great forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the Wlecome Amanda!

Great board they have here!

I have been tinkering with my spitwad and fluffing here and buffing there, the P3AT is a very user friendly weapon.

My only problem so far is a couple failures to extract a spent casing. The extractor didn't grip the rim of the casing properly and damaged the rim. Could be shooting fatigue and a little limp wristing. I gave the chamber an extra F&B as suggested by some members. Hopefully this will fix the problem. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone tried Simichrome for the buffing? It works great! I use it to polish the feed ramps on my glocks and kel-tecs. Normally it's used for polishing chrome, it's has a very mild abbrasive. Great product, better than Flitz IMO. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts