Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, Page 594 of the Cabella's Master Catalog Fall 2004 shows a new Wolfe brass cased 380 ACP 91 grain FMJ. 500 rounds with a "free" military dry storage box = $62.99 while 1,000 rounds with two dry storage boxes = $114.99. Not bad since they sell the ammo cans alone for $12.99 each. Hmm, I wonder if they're reading this forum? Nah! Anyway, I think the only other brass cased pistol rounds they make are 22 rimfire so I hope the trend continues.

While I'm still sporting a P32 bug, I may order some for my Llama mini 1911 in 380, unless there's curently a better buy out there. Plus I'm sure I'll eventually break down and get a P3AT after you guys have worked out all of the bugs (no pun intended). Looks like you're getting there, as I see more people touting good ones out of the box and more folks getting their older models squared away.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yup, I seen that. Should be interesting to see if they change other calibers to brass as well.
Tc, Cheryl
:wink:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Perhaps they've not updated the web page, I don't know. The catalog says:
new brass cased 380 ACP 91 gr FMJ
Might be a good idea to call before ordering.

gbundersea: Some nice reviews coming in on your p sight. May have to consider one for my P32. I'm in Lafayette untill Sunday... Where the hell is Meraux? Somewhere around New Orleans?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Calling first about the ammo is indeed the best plan. ONE of them - website or catalog - is right!

Thanks for the compliments about the P-Sight. I'm indeed getting lots of great feedback, and it is most appreciated!

Meraux is basically a suburb of New Orleans, just SE of the city, in St. Bernard Parish. Right next to Chalmette, site of the Battle of New Orleans.

·
Registered
315 Posts
that is actually a "bimetal case"
not sure what the heck that is supposed to mean, except that its an alloy of two metals. Some guy probably picked one of those bullets up and thought they were brass. That's not brass is all I can say. Can't say if it will mess up your chamber like steel either...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wolf's site [http://www.wolfammo.com/] doesn't mention or show any brass cases for handgun cartridges; however, rimfire, shotshell, and some rifle ammo have pictures that give the appearance of brass and not typical steel cases.
Where did the "bimetal case" phrase come from ? I've not heard of that before nor did I see that on the Wolf site……

·
Registered
14 Posts
I purchased some of the Wolf ammo in the bimetal case. Had all kinds of problems with feeding and ejecting in my P-3AT and Bersa. If this is the same ammo, I recommend you stay away from it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
This afternoon I wrote Wolf [[email protected]] an email asking "Does your .380 Auto Ammo have steel or brass cases ?" and Wolf's response was "It is steel cased "
Are the cases still coated with the typical lacquer ? Are they magnetic ? I wonder if the bimetallic cases are typical steel cases that have been flash coated to look like brass and to eliminate the need for a lacquer coating.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just spend the extra dollar and get Sellier and Bellot. I've never had any problems with that, and it doesnt smell nearly as bad as the wolf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts