Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a local gun store yesterday with the intent of buying a Kahr P40, as they were on "clearence", however, when I got there, they were sold out. Anyway, I drove to another store, and looked at all of the used / trade in stuff (my favorite counter) and spotted a KT P40, for $289. I thought "not bad, but I'm not overly interested at that price". Then, I looked at the gun to the left of it, another KT P40 (I was kind of shocked to see one P40, much less two), this one marked for $259. A much better price I thought, then I read the tag, included in this price was not one, but two mags (both with +1 extensions already installed) and a Don Hume JIT belt slide holster. Well, as they say, the rest is history. So I now have a P40 to keep my P11 and P3AT company. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Phred,
Don't know your shooting experience, but here is some unsolicited advice regarding the P-40.

1) Skip the 180 grain ammo. Use 165 grain max.
2) Buy a Hogue Handall Jr., or some type of grip sleeve so you can have the best grip possible. A good grip is everything with the P-40. It will kick quite a bit, and if you're not used to it you could have malfunctions because of limp wristing.
3) If the P-40 does not have a trigger shoe, order one from Kel-Tec.

Keep us posted regarding your shooting results and overall satisfaction with the P-40. I own two and wouldn't carry anything else.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
190 Posts
What Keys said, plus the eraser trigger stop. That helps with the tendency to jerk thru after the hammer release resulting in low POI.

BIGIRON

1 - 4 of 4 Posts