Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been silently enjoying all of the comments, questions and answers on this site and decided to join. This is an extremely informative site for owners of Kel-Tecs, of which I am proud to say I am now one. Recently purchase a P-3AT and have run about 100 rounds through it. I was using UMC round nose and was extremely happy with the results from the range. Just applied an A-Grip and plan on going back out to see the difference but have to wait a bit for the snow to melt again. I must admit that I was a little skeptical in carrying a round chambered. Have been in the public and private sector of Law Enforcement/Security for about 32 years and have carried chambered rounds in other weapons without fear but I had multiple safeties. This weapon was quite a bit different to me and I still find myself questioning the safety and possible accidental discharge but have relied on the statements of the knowledgeable on this site. One question that I have is concerning dry firing. I understand that is a no no, so where do I obtain the "caps" mentioned by "Flyer" to safely dry fire my weapon? Again, hats off to a great site where I will surly receive more professional and knowledgeable information in the future.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Dry firing

rgrill,

Most any gun shop should have the caps, I just drop a bic ink pen down the barrel of mine and point it up in the air and pull the trigger!, the ink pen jumps up and out of the barrel.
I only do this after cleaning just to make sure things are working right

G

·
rgrill, I think that the snap caps that Flyer refers to are the A-Zoom snap caps. I ordered some from their web site. I am not sure of the address but if you put A Zoom in a search engine it will bring it up. Or, someone else will probably post the site here shortly. One of the nice things about this site. Welcome the Range and feel free to stay as long as you like.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info. Just got done ordering the A-Zoom caps from the Cabelas' web site. Thanks again!
Rgrill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts