Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After firing the P11 for the first time I figured out real quick that I needed the trigger shoe and a spare mag. I called Kel-tec today and ordered them. Picking out a carry holster has been a tough choice. I am used to carrying my P32 in my front pocket so I will start with a pocket holster. I studied all the threads dealing with pocket holsters and decided on the KD Pocket Defender Convertible 2 in 1. When all this new stuff comes in I'll post my thoughts on how I like the holster.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Looking forward to your posts.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
519 Posts
i put the trigger shoe on mine, feels much better, although i have yet to shoot it with it on.

btw, you might mention that you have the trigger shoe when you order a holster, cause some holsters hold the gun kinda snug around the trigger area. always try the holster out either unloaded or with snap caps first.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Re:

packin heat said:
i put the trigger shoe on mine, feels much better, although i have yet to shoot it with it on.
I've had one since I bought my P11 and have NEVER installed it. I meant to put it on before I shot targets for the Postal Match but didn't. Trust me... It couldn't have hurt.

I noticed that most of my groups were several inches left. I couldn't seem to correct them by altering the trigger pull, so I ended up aiming left of center. (Please, no political jokes...)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Speaking of my previous post...
1) How do I correct my left-sided groups with the P11 and would the trigger shoe help? Yes, I am right handed.
2) Why don't I see this with the P32? (lighter trigger?)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
You're probably shooting to the left because your trigger finger is hitting the right side of the frame as the gun fires, giving it a little jolt leftwards.
You might have better success if you use the pad of your trigger finger... this will help keep the rest of your finger from pushing against the frame.
And yep, it's probably the lighter trigger on the P-32 that keeps you on target... plus the fact it's a smoother pull.
I don't like trigger shoes, personally: They do offer a better rest for your finger, but the thinner the trigger the better you can feel the pistol's action, and adjust your stroke for best accuracy.
Most triggers that are like this are on target pistols... and the trigger moves only a fraction of an inch. With a long pull, I like my finger to be able to smoothly slip over the trigger's surface.
Flyer

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
You might have better success if you use the pad of your trigger finger... this will help keep the rest of your finger from pushing against the frame.
Yep, that's pretty much what I had figured. So you're saying to pull the trigger with the first part of the finger (from tip to first joint)? With the long pull on the P11, Ive been using the 2nd or middle part of the finger to do the job.

KT's are the first double-action pistols I've owned except for the Ruger P89 (1st shot only) plus, I've been a wing-shooter all of my life and have never really been properly taught (in person) how to shoot a pistol. I'll have to do some, ugh what do you call that - practice! Thanks... Dale

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Using the pad of your finger isn't the fix-all for everyone... it depends on the length of your finger and size of your hand. If you use too little finger you will have a tendency to push the point of aim to the left... too much and you will pull to the right. You need to experiment to find the proper finger position.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
kt3211 said:
After firing the P11 for the first time I figured out real quick that I needed the trigger shoe and a spare mag. I called Kel-tec today and ordered them. Picking out a carry holster has been a tough choice. I am used to carrying my P32 in my front pocket so I will start with a pocket holster. I studied all the threads dealing with pocket holsters and decided on the KD Pocket Defender Convertible 2 in 1. When all this new stuff comes in I'll post my thoughts on how I like the holster.
Hope you got some reeeally big pockets.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Big Pockets

I like cargo pants and will probably only carry the P11 in them. Then I will have to convience the wife I need to invest in a good IWB holster for dress carry. This way I get both.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New Pocket Holster

The KD Pocket Defender Convertible 2 in 1 came in the mail Saturday. I carried the P-11 for the first time today using the holster in the right rear pocket. The snap-on leather flap gives the outline of a large wallet in the pocket. As I mentioned in an earlier post that cargo pants and shorts are very popular on the coast so the size of the gun is no problem. The weight will take some getting used to, however. I sure knew it was there. Have carried the P-32 in the front pocket for over four years now and I don't even realize it is there anymore. Also got the trigger shoe and installed it using red loctite on the screws. Haven't had a chance to get to the range yet, but will post my impressions when I do.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
KD Pocket Defender Convertible 2 in 1

I have been carrying my P-11 in the KD Pocket Defender Convertible 2 in 1 for almost a month now. I carry in the back pocket with the leather shield in place that prints as a large wallet. There is one problem that needs solving. Since it is carried in the back pocket when I sit down I sometimes sit on the gun/holster before adjusting it out of the way. Several times, when putting the gun in the drawer I've noticed the magazine release has been pressed and I have been carring a single shot pistol for an unknown period of time. Guess I need a stronger mag release spring, or some way to protect the mag release button. Any suggestons?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
The mag release button can be filed down somewhat so that it still functions, but hopefully not accidentally.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts