Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I've been carring my P3AT in my left pocket with the right side belt clip.I put my thumb on the rear sight and use my index and middle finger to grab the grip and it comes right out of the pocket really well. If one hand or the other is preoccupied, I still have access to one gun or the other. Isn't America great!

G

·
G33InMyPocket

Now that we have had some at your expence :roll:

Do you draw your weapon with your left hand or cross draw with your right hand? Or both ways?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I carry my P-32 this way

This is exactly the way I carry my P-32. I primarily draw with my left (weak) hand though, but can access it with either hand. In the configuration (right handed clip in left front pocket) it looks exactly like a clip knife.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use it just for the left hand. If my right hands free I'm going for the bigger gun. I just figured if I'm holding the baby on my right side , or there's a struggle of some sorts and I have a hand free, I can still access a gun if need be.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re:

Midiman said:
Oh... you mean the belt clip doesn't actually spin on??
If I made a spin on belt clip, it would just cause spin offs on KTOG. :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gents, I am new to this forum but I own 3 P-32's and one P-3AT. My Lady and I carry our pistols with the belt clips on the left side of the pistol. We sew a reinforced button hole on the inside of our pants pockets and her skirts. This keeps the pistol from bunping around in the pocket and stable next to the leg. We love this method of carry and the pistols stay with us all the time. My daughter and son-in-law also carry Kel-Tecs. They also use my button hole carry method. I am sorry I cannot report any malfunctions with any of these pistols. In fact they handle all of my hand loads. In the fluff and buff catagory I use scouring powder and a enpty shell on the end of a screw that is screwed into the base of the fired shell. Mix the powder with a little very light oil and with a drill spin the case in the chamber for a second or so. You can go longer but this will take most of the ridges out and polish the chamber. Tryit.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

tryit said:
In the fluff and buff catagory I use scouring powder and a enpty shell on the end of a screw that is screwed into the base of the fired shell. Mix the powder with a little very light oil and with a drill spin the case in the chamber for a second or so. You can go longer but this will take most of the ridges out and polish the chamber. Tryit.
Not recommended. You don't want to wear anything in the chamber in that direction. You want any wear or polishing to be done in the direction the bullet chamber and ejects.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Re:

tryit said:
We sew a reinforced button hole on the inside of our pants pockets and her skirts. This keeps the pistol from bunping around in the pocket and stable next to the leg.
Do you have a photo of this "button hole" method? I'm curious.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Basically he's saying he cuts a small slit the size of a buttonhole and reinforces it inside his pocket, and slips the clip through there instead of outside the pocket.
It seems like this is pocket holster carry without the holster... kind of interesting.
Flyer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Flybob, If I can get my camera back from my sister I will get a picture for you. I use medium canvas for the backer and sew a button hole around the slit. It works beautifully and as a added feature the muzzle stays off the bottom of the pocket and does not get any pocket lint in the barrel. I am working on a canvas holster that will sew into the inside of the pocket. This with a button hole will give a very secure carry and keep the pistol clean. When I get a pattern and my camera back I will post pictures and a pattern. I will try that iron-on patch. Tryit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.