Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I log on I can see the "new" posts indicators, but as soon as I read one, they ALL disappear in all forums. Can this be fixed so the the indicators don't clear until I log out. It's hard to tell which ones are new after reading the first one. Great site, btw.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also have problems with new posts being wiped clean after reading a few posts. I really don't like the idea of setting my browser to low. I had to wipe my harddrive because of a couple viruses I pick up somewhere. I got my browser on a custom setting and I only seem to have a problem on your home page. If you could tell me which setting I need to change, I'll reconfigure my browser. I allow all cookies from your web pages and I added your home page to allow all access.
I thought I was a little computer savy, so if anyone has any ideas; I'd appreciate a little information. If you ever had to wipe your hard-drive clean, I think you'd know where I'm coming from. So if someone could tell me what I need to change in the custom settings, I can enjoy the Range with-out having to go through every topic looking for a new post.
I really appreciate anything anybody has to offer!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Forget setting your internet security settings to low, the orange "new post" indicators on the left do not work properly, there is nothing we can do about it, don't use them.

I just use the page links and go to the last page I read...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Re:

Midiman said:
Forget setting your internet security settings to low, the orange "new post" indicators on the left do not work properly, there is nothing we can do about it, don't use them.

I just use the page links and go to the last page I read...
When I'm in La, on my girlfriend's computer, the new post lights work perfectly, every time, all the time. At home in Texas on my computer, I get the same issue as the first post here. Usually, I use the "view posts since last visit" button which normally works. Ocassionally, it says, "no new posts" when there are, in fact, many. Also when using that feature, if I stop and make a post, it often screws that up. Yea, I read every post here, and some of you folks should really learn yourself to rite more better. :lol:

Anyway, this is truly just an annoyance, but none-the-less, I'd love to figure it out. I run XP Pro and have my browser set to accept cookies from here, etc. So, if anyone has any suggestions other than staying in Louisiana or spending less time on da Range... :?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts