Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
received azreal's "economy" pocket holster for my p3at yesterday afternoon. quite pleased. i think it's a perfect entry level holster for someone like me who wasn't sure if it was the method of carry i would choose. i think it's definitely a better choice than the various fabric holsters i've seen advertised. it's heavy leather, fits the p3at snugly and is nicely finished. no bells or whistles. just a utlitarian, serviceable holster that i think will wear well. lightly boned on the back and flat on the front. will take some breaking in. i can't draw the pistol without pulling the holster out of my pocket but that can be remedied i'm sure. adds about 3/16" to the width in my pocket. although it is evident in my pocket, especially when seated it looks like a flat wallet. it has a high gloss black finish that contributes to the slipperiness. i think i might prefer it unfinished. rides upright with no problem. all in all i'm a happy camper. thanks az :D

·
Registered
467 Posts
Pocket carry

Has anyone ever tried back pocket carry with the P3AT or P-11?
Seems to feel better in the back pocket but I do not know if the weight from sitting on it would hurt it.

Years ago everyone carried the Smith & Wesson J frames in their back pocket, but I was always worried that it would damage the area where the cylinder locks up from the weight of sitting on it.

$800 Box

·
Registered
519 Posts
dumb question.. does anybody who carrys in the back pocket worry about someone getting to the gun before you can? granted, in the correct holster it will look like a wallet, but for some reason if someone snuck up behind you and was able to get it out of your back pocket. where as in the front pocket you would see the person earlier and have more of a chance to react. mabey im just over thinking things or paranoid.

·
Registered
519 Posts
WOO HOO I'm a senior member now!! im spinning in my chair doing my "senior member dance" !!

ouch, just got dizzy and fell. i dont think my neck is supposed to bend this way.....

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

packin heat said:
WOO HOO I'm a senior member now!! im spinning in my chair doing my "senior member dance" !!

ouch, just got dizzy and fell. i dont think my neck is supposed to bend this way.....
Congratulations. We'll be sending you the customary box of KTrange branded Depends shortly.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
back pocket carry

i spent my working life as a company sales and service rep. i drove 40-50,000 mis. a year on top of what i flew. i sat on a big fat wallet, stuffed with cards, bills, receipts etc. for 30+ years. in 1990 i had to have my left hip replaced. the doctor said he couldn't blame it all on the wallet, but felt it played a major role in the start of my problems. any thing that concentrates pressure in a small area of the buttocks and attendant nerves should be avoided. my pelvis was so messed up by my altered gait that i had to have the right hip replaced in 1997. that was the end of my grouse hunting. :(

·
Registered
467 Posts
Dumb awnser

packin heat,

Dumb awnser...

Don't think I am going to let anyone get close enough to me to get to my gun before I can!
In fact!, if a attacker asks me for my wallet!, I would act like I am reaching behind me to get it and guess what I would give him??

It would be 380!
And I don't mean dollars

$800 Box

·
Registered
519 Posts
KTRange Depends...excellent.. imagine the convenience!! now i never haveta get out of my chair! walking to the rest room is the only exercise i get!

p.s. send some air fresheners also.....

byron
sorry to hear about the hips. yeah they're a pain. do those artificial hips eventually wear out?? i know i take my wallet out of my back pocket when i get to work, and im an out-of-shape 23 year old. i noticed it hurt my back. some car seats do it too.

·
Registered
519 Posts
diamond mike
well thats kinda what i figgerd. would be tough to sneak up and get something outta your back pocket without you being able to spin around and grab their arm. i was thinking mabey a professional pick-pocket might be able to do it, but they wouldnt be expecting to find a pistol...who knows what they would do then

·
Registered
519 Posts
eeww.

anyone remember that "oops i crapped my pants" commercial from saturday night live? :lol:

·
Registered
274 Posts
When walking around with a gun in your pocket, any pocket, the chance of losing it should always be in the back of your mind. I had my pocket picked in the Paris Metro a few years back. I was wearing jeans and had my wallet in my front pocket. Never felt a thing. If it hadn't been a hot day, and suddenly feeling a cool spot where my wallet used to be, I'd have never known. Had to chase the guy through the crowd to recover my wallet.

Losing a gun would be much more serious. First off, chasing down a pickpocket becomes much more problematic when you KNOW he's armed; with your gun, no less. And of course you are arming a criminal, more or less by definition. When I travel now, I use a credit card sized gizmo that you tuck into your wallet that has a cord attached. You pin that into your pocket, still have complete access to your stuff, but a warning if light fingers lift your wallet. Takes maybe two seconds to stick it in with your other credit cards. It might be worthwhile if you can pocket carry (I CAN"T!!!!!!) to consider some sort of similar arrangement. I know we all feel that we can keep people away from our pockets. That feeling is what keeps pickpockets in business. I don't even want to think about how much trouble losing my gun to someone who used it to hurt someone could cause. People who were careless with their guns have been sued when it turned up in criminal hands. UGG!

CA

·
Registered
519 Posts
that sounds like a neat gizmo.
i've heard that some places people throw infants at you, and when you go to catch them, the persons other children run up and pick your pockets. so if anyone ever throws a baby at you..i guess just swat it to the ground

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pickpockets

my sister in law's husband was bumped by an old man in madrid who then fell to the pavement. when scotty bent to help him he was jostled by some other pedestrians. about 15 minutes later he found his passport case containing all his personal papers, i.d. and traveler checks along with some cash was gone. maybe it's a good idea to just swat anyone who gets close to you! luckily he had most of his cash in a money belt. for the babies and such you could carry a squash racket. :D if there are a lot of kids, you might need a "six swatter"

·
Registered
467 Posts
Pocket Carry

If you are going to carry a gun! you can't be worried about pick-pockets.

I mean if you start worrying about things like that!, what about if you had your gun in ANY pocket and a truck smashed into the side of your car! and your gun discharged and hit a little old lady waiting on a bus.
The odds of something like this is probably greater than having your pocket picked.

If someone picked my pocket and took my gun I would just call the Police and tell them I have a ccw permit and make a report and give them the serial numbers of my gun, as long as the gun was reported stolen that would clear me from any legal action if the gun was later used in a crime!

$800 Box

·
Registered
188 Posts
I guess the only time I'd be concerned about having my pocket picked are in crowded areas like busy computer and gun shows.

In those situations, maybe I'll attach a string to the holster and safety pin the other end into my pocket.

I just got a billfold holster from KD holsters. Depending on the pants I wear it sometimes sticks out of the top of my pocket a little bit. It might be a little too tempting for a pick-pocket. I guess I'll look at attaching a string and safety pin.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Well i just placed an order from Azraels for a front pocket holster for my P11. Im having it custom made to have a slot for the belt clip, so it wont haveta be crammed inside the holster. Azrael is a real sport for working with me on this. I command everyone here to go buy a holster from him! NOW I SAY!

attached is a drawing i threw together to send him.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Jest hooold yer horses there!!!
Here's a drawing of a modified version of my own MouseTrap design I'm having R.J. Hedley make for ME!!!

Ah, freedom... ain't it wunnerful? 8)
Flyer

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
custom holsters

packin, there's an old saying among construction products salesmen that the first requirement for aspiring architects and engineers to be admitted to their respective colleges, is that their parents not be married. you raise my suspicions when you submit a detailed drawing. we're not playing "whats my line" here.

flyer, why a forward cant in a pocket holster? is that to roll the hook into the back the pocket on the draw? of course, all lefties are "different"

:D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.