Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the plunge this evening and pluncked down a whopping $240 at my local range for this little BUG, serial# H8V##. Bought a box of Lancer (quality reloads by local company) with it and stepped up to the line. I didn't break the pistol down first, but I did place a few drops of synthetic gun lube on the frame/slide interface. I noticed that right out of the box cycling the slide was a bit stiff.

When I inserted the first loaded mag and racked the slide the 1st round hung up slightly on the loading ramp, but only required a slight bit of pressure to force the slide the rest of the way forward. After that it was smooth sailing, flawless operation. BTW the bullets were supposedly FMJ but looked like HPs with the cavity filled with lead. The brass jackets were even scored like HPs and the center of the bullets were a flat face of unjacketed lead. Strange. In two years of shooting 9mm and .45 I've never seen bullets like these.

After the 1st mag I was thinking holy cr_p how can I hit anything with this tiny thing. I had a vertical string of several inches at 7 yds. I finally found a way to grip it better and my last five shot group was sub 1" at 7 yd. I shot a total of 25 rounds through it. I'm not asking for any medals but at least I think I can shoot it well enough to defend myself now. I was impressed at its accuracy given it's size, if I do my part.

It's going to take some practice to get used to this long trigger pull, I'm used to my G26. I'd like to be able to rapid fire this thing and have a resaonable chance of keeping them on target. That will come I'm sure.

Very pleased so far. :) I bought the pants clip in leu of a pocket holster.

Alan

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
You'll need to learn the proper sight picture for these pistols:
COVER the point of impact with the front dot; make it invisible. Then line up the front sight with the rear, placing the triangular front directly above the rear.
This should send your shots to their intended destination.
Flyer

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip Flyer, I had already read about that (been lurking awhile). My problem was with grip, not sight picture. You are correct, once I got a solid grip I shot to point of aim using that technique. It's maintaining that solid grip that's the challenge! I might try and add the grip extension I saw someone else fabricate on a recent post, I think that would help immensely.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
That's probably my Progrip...
Read this first:
First Drawings
Then this one.
Finished ProGrip
There are other ways to increase the gripping area, such as installing grip extensions, but these add too much length to the butt for my taste.
Flyer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts