Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Just wanted to say hey and that i am the new owner of a very nice little P3At that my wife surprised me with on Friday. I wanted to wait till I had the chance to shoot it some before I posted. I had it out today for the first time and was very impressed with how well it handled for such a small gun. I checked for the now infamous "smiley" and by golly I got 'em. The follower didn't have any marks but I noticed a little bit of a rub at the front of the frame rail. I'll have to investigate the cause of that further, but all in all I'm very happy with it. I'm not afraid of doing a little tweaking to get it running smooth. I'm looking forward to picking your collective brains on a regular basis.

Bill
(miko)

G

·
I just upgraded mt P3AT slide for a Hard Chromed one and I too feel like I am the new owner of a P3AT. I am not sure what it is that is different betweent the blued slide and the HC one but the performance now is much better than it was before. The issue before was what I thought was a bad extractor. I ordered the new parts from KT and when I disassembled it I noticed that the new extractor spring was longer than the previous one. That I imagine could have contributed to my FTE issues and marginal performance. Well, to make a long story longer, I took the extractor apaprt and could not get it back together. This was what made me go ahead and get the HC upgrade as long as the slide had to go back to the factory anyway. Now, I am kicking myself as to why I did not go ahead and do this sooner. Congratulations on your new P3AT! I trust that you will find that it will be a carry always pistol. And remember, any questions or issues that you could ever have with the pistol can usually be handled here and if not Kel-Tec has, hands down the best customer service anywhere.

Regards....

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

norfdet893 said:
I noticed that the new extractor spring was longer than the previous one. That I imagine could have contributed to my FTE issues and marginal performance. Well, to make a long story longer, I took the extractor apaprt and could not get it back together.
The spring length difference could also be attributed to the original having been compressed... I, also, am about to change my extractor... the parts have been sitting here for a couple of days... hope to not have any difficulty reassembling them.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
My extractor pretty much dropped right in but you definitely need a small bench vise and the proper punches.

I didn't see much of a difference between the two except for the lowest, inside corner of the hook that grabs the rims. My old one seemed to have the slightest bevel on that corner... the newer one seems more squared on that corner.

G

·
Re:

Midiman said:
My extractor pretty much dropped right in but you definitely need a small bench vise and the proper punches.
that was the problem that i had. managed to get it apart but could not get it back together. as far as the spring goes it could be compression but I bought my P3AT in December of 03 so it was not that old and my extractor never seemed to work that well to begin with. I had to literally push the round out from under the extractor when hand cycling the slide and it always had FTE's at the range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.