Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I called Kel-Tec and ordered 2 of the new P3AT 1-round extensions for my mags. Cost about $13.95 each and attach to the bottom of the existing mag. Cool!

·
Registered
192 Posts
ditto, preassembled even on my new extra mag

1-800-515-9983

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeez! I ordered 1 new mag AND an extender for it...the person at Kel-tec didn't say anything about the mag already pre-assembled.

·
Registered
192 Posts
They didn't say anything, I just asked and they said sure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you shot your P-3AT with your new +1 mag extension yet? Did it feed OK? Today, I ordered an extension and a new mag (I also never thought about ordering the pre-assembled combo :shock: ).

I have the Bersa extension, and really like it...but I like the "feel" of the +1 add-on...I have it on one of my P-32's...just something about the Bersa thing sticking through my last two fingers...the +1 is smooth and sleek, and if you can add one more round, why not?

I asked KT if the +1 included a longer spring, and they said it did. I was all set to order a +10% from Wolff...now I don't have too. :wink:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have successfully put 200+ rounds through my P3AT, and about 1/2 of them were fired using a mag with a KT +1 extension on it. I have had absolutely NO feed problems with it.
I do recommend taking a file and *gently* filing the edge of the baseplate leg, where it overlaps the back edge of the mag. File it to a nice semi-sharp edge, so that it's beveled back in towards the mag, and then place a small strip of electric tape over it. The idea is to keep the baseplate leg from sticking out and catching on the bottom of the grip as you slap it in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also ordered me one of the plus 1 extensions and a new mag from KT. Asked them to install which they did ,they also sent me the base plate and spring which was replaced. Haven't had no problems with it at all. Great service from them,I think I'll buy another.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The dealer I bought my P-3AT told me "Magazine extender? No such beast for the .380--I can get 'em for the .32, though!"
So either he was talkin' out of his tail, or this is a new development. Either way, I'm happy :D

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
llanero, the dealer probably told you they didn't exist because they are not listed on KT's website. Since they do indeed exist, your dealer was "talking out of his tail."

A dealer at a gunshow once insisted to me that the KT belt clip would work fine for either right or left hand installation. After three minutes of back and forth, I finally ripped the right hand clip out of the plastic, and held it to the left side of the frame of my P3AT. Even with it sticking up past the slide at a 45 degree angle, he still insisted it was fine for either side. I told him that he was a complete idiot and moved on to the next booth... :x

Went to another gunshow today. While at one table, I heard some old dealer explaining to his soon-to-be-lost customer that he couldn't sell him the pistol right on the spot, even with a CCW license. He (the dealer) was from Arizona, so he would have to ship the little Beretta 950 back to Nevada after he returned home. Of course, the show had a transfer dealer present so as to avoid that very problem, and every other booth was selling guns to people under the same circumstances right there at the show (no wait in NV if you have a CCW). I noticed the little 950 was still there as I was leaving an hour later.

Moral of the story: many guys who work in gunstores or at gunshows are often wrong, but never in doubt!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
600 Posts
Re:

llanero said:
The dealer I bought my P-3AT told me "Magazine extender? No such beast for the .380
I guess the NAA extension on the gray P-3AT and the Bersa extension on the black P-3AT are just figments of my imagination :lol:

(click to enlarge the nonexistent extensions)

Wilson – who’s always looking or a excuse to post his pictures

1 - 11 of 11 Posts