Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys great site. FINALLY got signed up after some confusing email issues. I picked up my p-40 last saturday for $275 new in box. Love the gun so far. My only consern/question is w/ the gun liking my concel carry loads. I picked up a box of hydashocks. I have polished the feed ramp but they still seem to stick when racking the slide from time to time. I have yet to shoot these but had no issues w/ shooting fmj's.

Has anyone used these or have any experiance w/ hollowpoints in the 40's?

Jason

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Jason,

Congrats on the new P-40 and welcome to the KTRange! I've not had a problem with hollow-points in my P-40/P-357.

However, for feed reliability, I have decided to carry the Cor-bon Pow'Rball round. It is a hot self defense round that uses a hollow-point bullet with a polymer ball in the nose. This gives the bullet a "FMJ-profile" for feed reliability and acts as a wedge to adequately expand the hollow-point when the bullet strikes the subject.

Read more about it here:

http://mysite.elixirlabs.com/index.php?uid=12665&page=1607

Also, you may want to consider adding the .357 Sig barrel for your P-40. Then you can have the flexibility of shooting two calibers (.40 S&W and .357 Sig) through your P-40. The barrel is available from KT for $110, or a complete top end (slide, barrel, guiderod, and springs) is $175.

Enjoy!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I currently have a 357sig springfield xd i use for carry but on warmer days when only a t-shirt is needed i wanted somthig smaller and bought the p-40. I am considering the 357 sig conversion so when i start to relaod i will have only 1 type of ammo to reload.

Jason

·
Registered
68 Posts
P40 ~ P357 ~ SPRINGFIELD XD .357 SIG

I did the reverse.

Got the P-357 conversion for my P-40 and THEN, just for grins, got a XD .357 Sig in 4". There's a world of difference between the two guns.

I don't see using the XD for carry...I'm spoiled to the size and weight of the KT. :?

Kahrpacker

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I had to change the release point on my mags to get reliable feeding. I have adjusted a lot of old style 1911 mag the same way. It worked with the big fat hole in the GoldDot Speers in my 40! It also feeds 357sig buy hand well. Yet to test the 357sig while actually shooting. I'll try to get my camera to take a clear pic tonight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts