Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to put a few rounds through my AT after replacing the extractor a month or two ago. Result: 50 rounds of UMC FMJ, 2 FTE, 1 FTF. I guess I start doing some polishing of the chamber and more feedramp work... and looking into modifications for the extractor. That should put an end to it. The FTEs were far less frequent than with the old extractor but it's still not reliable enough for me to count on in a carry situation. The one FTF was easily solved by slapping the slide home.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got to test out the chamber polishing today and am glad to finally be able to say... the thing went through an entire box of UMC FMJ without a glitch. If it makes it through a couple more, I'll probably stick the AT back in my pocket a little more often.

How come no one ever calls that stuff "yellow box"? "White box" seems to have become synonymous with Winchester...?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
"Yellow Box"... hmm, seems appropriate... although around here at least, the new UMC boxes are green and white.
I will stay my tongue about UMC ammo... and simply remark that "Union Metallic Cartridge" company is owned and made by... ahem... Remington.
However, my AT likes Golden Sabers just fine... maybe I'll slowly creep up on one of the green boxes at Dicks next week and, if it doesn't attack me, grab it and try it out... :wink:
Flyer

·
Registered
168 Posts
Flyer, Where do they sell Golden Sabers in the Dayton area? I have looked locally to Springboro and Haven't found them...

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Olde English had them in stock last week, for the first time. It looked like they had a whole bunch, too, so I'd imagine they've still got plenty. It's up near Tipp City, near the Dayton airport, if you've never been there... just take I-75 out of Dayton and the exit is the second one after you go under I-70.
Flyer

·
Registered
168 Posts
That's where I bought my P-3AT, but is a 45+ min. drive for me... Just wondering if you knew of any retail places. I'll make the trip soon though. I keep watching their add for a .38 revolver for my wife. They have a 2" Tauras for $245, I'm thinking about it...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
I will stay my tongue about UMC ammo... and simply remark that "Union Metallic Cartridge" company is owned and made by... ahem... Remington...
C'mon, let it all out. :twisted:

I have no trouble calling a spade a spade. I think Remington ammo in general stinks. There are exceptions of course, but Remington is usually the last thing I'd choose to purchase.

Certainly most of their pistol ammo is garbage.. inconsistent rim thickness and diameter, varying case lengths, oddball bullet ogives and noses. The Golden Saber line seems to be made with some semblance of quality control, and you pay for it.

Their standard rifle ammo - garbago. Their hunting shotgun ammo - garbago. It seems that their "premium" lines are what you would expect from an average box of ammo from Winchester or Federal, and the UMC and standard green box are barely a step up from Wolf.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts