Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked one up last week for carry during the summer time.

during the summer it is hard to carry my other pistols, so I got this........don't even hardly notice it.

took it to the range today and worked some rounds through it and made sure it would cycle my CorBon 90gr.

what holster do you use to carry it? Looking for a pocket holster or IWB holster. .....right now I have the belt clip on it. Also looking at the Hedley holsters and Fobus holsters.

G

·
I started out with an Uncle Mikes #1 converted to hold a spare magazine. I thought I would carry it this way to see if I liked it and then purchase a leather one. Well for the 12.00 that I spent on the holster, I still have it and it works great. I will eventually get around to getting a nicer one but this works for now.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
holster

take a look at azriel's line :D

·
Registered
519 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
P3AT Pocket Holster

I have two RJ Hedley rear-pocket holsters with mag pouches. One for the P32 and one for the P3AT. They are superbly crafted products of superior design that function flawlessly and are 100% reliable. I carried the P32 daily in RJ's rear-pocket holster for over two years. The holster today looks to be in better shape than when new and has always allowed smooth, reliable presentation. My P3AT has replaced the P32 and it resides in the same type of Hedley rig with the same reliability.

Against RJ's advice I carried the P3AT in the P32 holster but in practicing found that he was right. There were problems with a smooth presentation. I ordered the correct holster from RJ and have found that the rig works to the design and is absolutely reliable.

The operative word here is "works". In a SD firearm system reliability is paramount. Your safety/survival depends upon it. The design and functionality of RJ's rear-pocket holster is solid, proven and you can count on it!

rt

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can't go wrong...

With RJ Hedley. I have the front pocket model for the P3AT and it works great.
Realizing that I like rear pocket carry better, I ordered one yesterday.
The other two makers (K&D and Azraels) both look good as well but I went with "brand loyalty". RJ's quality and service were great on the first one.
Kim

·
Registered
224 Posts
K&D Holsters
Looked at them all, checked the warranties available and chose K&D...no double talk, just good quality backed by an excellent warranty!

·
Registered
432 Posts
K&D Holsters, without a doubt. Super fast turnaround, excellent customer service and warranty, stupendous amount of bang for the buck, and most of all, high quality leathercraft!
My combo holster does the work of 5 different holsters, and cost me about 3 times *less* than what it would have cost to buy those five holsters that it replaces. Ask about the "Super YZ Combo". YZGuy, where are you? Back me up on K&D!!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
To judge holsters objectively, I think you've got to see an actual sample of each maker's wares.
K&D holsters are indeed good, and seem to have excellent customer service, too.
I haven't seen any of azrael's holsters yet, so can't really opine... except that his customers certainly seem to like them. That's always a good sign.
One thing, though, about Hedley holsters...
How many holstermakers do you know of that invite anyone who's EVER bought one of his holsters to send it back so it could be reworked and refinished - for FREE?
This seems like taking customer service and simple pride in workmanship to a whole new level...
Flyer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
To judge holsters objectively, I think you've got to see an actual sample of each maker's wares.
K&D holsters are indeed good, and seem to have excellent customer service, too.
I haven't seen any of azrael's holsters yet, so can't really opine... except that his customers certainly seem to like them. That's always a good sign.
One thing, though, about Hedley holsters...
How many holstermakers do you know of that invite anyone who's EVER bought one of his holsters to send it back so it could be reworked and refinished - for FREE?
This seems like taking customer service and simple pride in workmanship to a whole new level...
Flyer
I tend to agree with Flyer. How can one know who the best is without trying them all. We can only get opinions from the one's that have used each. I personally have two of RJ's holsters. To say I'm pleased with them is putting it mildly. My FPH with a P3AT is with me all the time. But, am I able to say that RJ makes the best? No, but I sure do like them and would recommend him to anyone. Send it back to be re-worked for free? Other than Kel-Tec, that is almost unheard of. Keep up the good work RJ and we will certainly keep on buying your holsters. :lol:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Feed back!

Man, that some Fine feedback
>>>>>>>>>> :D <<<<<<<<<<<

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jeff Johnson

Is there a clip on that spare mag holder or is it a simple sheath?
I have been looking for one of those, no clip for pocket spare carry.
Nice!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Last time I checked Hedley’s website, he would only sell a mag sheath/carrier to you if you buy a holster. He may do it differently now.

If he won’t sell you just the mag carrier, we at K&D Holsters would be happy to do it for you. The price for just a holder is $12.50 + $1/postage. Feel free to contact me if I can help. My email is [email protected].

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
207 Posts
".......no double talk..." Anglebar

Did you experience "double talk" from someone?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts