Kel-Tec Forum banner
2,501 - 2,519 of 2,519 Posts
Hello!

New owner of a PMR-30 (well it is my wife's) and a CMR-30 (that one is mine) -- I also have an Arex Delta.

Had not shot for almost 50 years (took 3rd place in state rifle once as a pre-teen) but with the current situations in several cities, decided it was prudent to get back into shooting. We've put over 500 rounds through the PRM-30 and at least 150 through the CMR-30 -- have had the PMR for about two months and the CMR for about one month.

Yep just joined. Randomly searching the net had me fall through several rabbit holes only to end up here, lol.
First Gen Sub 2000 a 75,000th made KSG in dark earth and searching for a P17( that’s not triple in price) thats as scarce as hens teeth.
I lived 10 minutes from Kel tec and actually looked to work(retirement job) for them but guess they weren’t hiring.
Hopefully this will be the next best thing?
DN

2500 people all can't be wrong.. I just posted this in New Members, but posting this here in the sticky too...

Hey folks. I only have one Keltec. Its a Gen 1 40 S&W in Glock. Done some upgrades to it sight, forearm, stock extension and cover. Pretty happy with it still even after many years except the trigger. Glad to be here and hoping to learn more about Keltec's new stuff. -Ridgewalker

New here, I have collected alot of Kel Tec brand.
I have two Sub 2K, a G19 and G17 been modified to the MCarbo kit
KSG, SU-16, PMR30 modified to MCarbo kit, CMR30, and my latest one CP33.
Im very glad to finally join, and learn new things from everyone. Thank you

california sf bay area, sub2k (fully upgraded w/internals + mcarbo flip mount, red lion sight, blitzkrieg chevron sight post) and picking up a PF9 tomorrow finally!

For all non-californians: welcome to the fun world of fin grips. the rubber shoulder pad is ugly but it just works like glue and locks it in to your shoulder instead of feeling like a hard plastic wedge. i might get rid of it at some point.

edit: just saw Missouri tactical made a sub2000 bumper so I ordered that and will get rid of this paracord monstrosity

Greetings from Orygun...*the red part, not portland)
Retired, 1st time firearm owner.Too much lawlessness, can not ignore any more.
Long time Airgun addict.
My indoor, olymipic length range has sated my shooting addiction for many years.
From my original Crossman 766, 2 vintage Sheridan .20's still shooting spec fps, 3 Crossman 1377 pistols( all moded triggers and valves to shoot 7 pump pressure/fps with only 3 pumps), Dasiy/Avanti 717 match pistol, to my German break barrels Weiraurach HW30s, Feinwerkbau (FWB) 124, and finally the queen of my gun safe, Walther LGR-U, Gold medal winning model, that because it was so break through accurate it caused the international authority to reduce the target size by 1/3rd.

Today my P17 arrived at FFL, 4,000+ background forms ahead of mine. FFL guy sez 2+ weeks. Gotta luv those public servants.
Oh well, did get to hold it in my hand today. Felt good, cant wait to fire it.

Thank-you all for your shared knowledge, opinions, and experiences, they really helped me discover and decide on the p17

Safe shooting
TF

Greetings from Alabama. Been shooting KT's since the early 90's. Even have a pre-KT .380.

I have a few KT's here, and a few on the way.

Here:

White Light Air gun Trigger Wood

On the way...

P40

Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

P11

Wood Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

Now I just need a P3AT and maybe another P32... for grins.

Greetings from Orygun...*the red part, not portland)
Retired, 1st time firearm owner.Too much lawlessness, can not ignore any more.
Long time Airgun addict.
My indoor, olymipic length range has sated my shooting addiction for many years.
From my original Crossman 766, 2 vintage Sheridan .20's still shooting spec fps, 3 Crossman 1377 pistols( all moded triggers and valves to shoot 7 pump pressure/fps with only 3 pumps), Dasiy/Avanti 717 match pistol, to my German break barrels Weiraurach HW30s, Feinwerkbau (FWB) 124, and finally the queen of my gun safe, Walther LGR-U, Gold medal winning model, that because it was so break through accurate it caused the international authority to reduce the target size by 1/3rd.

Today my P17 arrived at FFL, 4,000+ background forms ahead of mine. FFL guy sez 2+ weeks. Gotta luv those public servants.
Oh well, did get to hold it in my hand today. Felt good, cant wait to fire it.

Thank-you all for your shared knowledge, opinions, and experiences, they really helped me discover and decide on the p17

Safe shooting
TF
In Virginia we just order in to our ffl if they don’t have it in stock and the it takes about 20-30 minutes to complete the paperwork.
Recently I have started using air rifles in my yard to get rid of squirrels. Powder burners are a little obnoxious shooting out my window. I have had a lot of quiet fun with my air rifles. Have an FX 25 and a benjamin 22.
Just ordered a p17 because if it is reliable it will be a lightweight hi cap unit for walking the dog in the woods at night.

FNG from Colorado, After everything including firearms were destroyed in a wild fire, I got my first Kel-Tec, a PLR 16, I was looking for something with some author-i-tay to deal with the now starving wildlife. Our first day back at our rural 35 acre place we drove past a black bear ripping open a refrigerator that had been removed from a neighbors house that didn't burn, after sitting with no power for three weeks. I wanted something compact that would fit in a lap top bag for transport back and forth from the hotel to our burned property in a way that would not upset those persons sensitive to seeing guns. Most of my interest in firearms is large caliber single shot and bolt action hunting rifles, antique pistols and replicas, large caliber revolvers. Also burned in the fire was my reloading room, a small space with several ancient and modern presses, dies, etc. etc. my signed 1930's copy of "Why not reload your own" by Col. Townsend Whalen and reloading books from the 30's on, my old CH press from the forties I got as a teenager (I'm 76) and reloading dies for just about everything.

2,501 - 2,519 of 2,519 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.