Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I am new to the board; but have been lurking around for some time. I have found the posts to be very informative and wanted to be part of the board. Also, I read flyer's review which sold me on the rifle.

I bought the su-16 some time ago; and have to say its been a mixed bag of tricks. I have the su-16 with the orange plastic blade front sight and the phillips screw to tighten the front sight blade.

Anyways, when I was breaking the gun in it was shooting pretty well. However, I noticed at the range that the front sight blade was loose. I touched it and the sight blade moved considerably. Since then, I have been unable to zero the gun in. I have read the owner's manual and the online supplement all of which have not solved the problem.

I want to start enjoying the gun and have the accuracy I've read about here. Any suggestions to help me out?

Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The front sight is definitely the weakest link. I shot it for only the second time this past weekend, and the screw on my clear plastic sight no longer tightens. At least I was able to sight it in, but the blade wiggles loose after a few rounds w/o a working set screw. Such a flimsy part on an otherwise decent rifle. :x

I wonder if Kel-Tec is willing to remove it for me. I plan to mount a scope anyway. The front post only gets in the way.

·
Registered
167 Posts
gisherwitz said:
Hey all,
... However, I noticed at the range that the front sight blade was loose. I touched it and the sight blade moved considerably. Since then, I have been unable to zero the gun in. I have read the owner's manual and the online supplement all of which have not solved the problem.

Thanks.
How did the blade move? did it and the clear screws rotate as one unit. If so it is an easy fix. loosen the metal screw a couple turns and then tighten the right-side clear plastic screw about 1/4 turn with the hex end of the screw driver. then tighten the metal screw.

if the blade is so loose that it slides up and down then you will probably need to tighten the plastic screw more than 1/4 turn.

Rawny:
If the clear plastic screw is stripped out give us a call (Kel-Tec 800-515-9983) and we can send out some new ones. it is also possible that the clear screw was not molded properly so the metal nut is just spinning and won't tighten, 2 new plastic screws should do the trick. As for removal, go ahead and ask, i am not sure of the policy on that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KTWM,

Thanks for the information. I will use the information to try to sight in the gun at the range this weekend. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Gisherwitz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts